Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Meet 2010

ggcton

Enthusiast
RCCC has is to hold an R4 meet at one of it's events in 2010 and the event will be open to R4 owners whether club members or not.
Two suggestions are.
At the Wroughton weekend which is a static field event and will be in wiltshire.August 2010
http://www.wroughtonclassic.org.uk/

or at the RCCC national Rally at the bubble car museum in Lincolnshire just off the A1 which will be a weekend event with camping B&B Renault auto Jumble ,possible model stall,fish and chip supper friday night £5 barbecue saturday night £5, entry to the museum, cafe on site large indoor marque with power and lighting in case it rains .and road runs to places of interest.
One of the road runs will include a visit to East Kirkby WW2 airfield http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/
12/13th June 2010 those camping can arrive friday evening.
There is also a travel Lodge about 3 miles away.
Depending on numbers we may consider a live band on Saturday evening.
http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/rallies.shtml

Would any of you be interested and which event would you favor.
Gary
Could people interested in attending please PM Me and I will add you to a list to be informed of more detailed information when available.

Last edited:
The bubble car one is looking good, though it does depend on when in August the other date is.

well that counts me out on both of them

455 miles there and back from my house for the first one
644 miles there and back to the second place....

great stuff....

ill just keep going to the local rallies i think...

A great idea. Another vote for the Bubble Car Museum from me. Sounds like a fun weekend.

It'll be quite close in timing to the R4 run in Kent - that's normally at the end of May so maybe a risk of getting a little R4'd out. I suppose Derek might be persuaded to go for the start of May.

Either sounds good to me, though can't commit at this early stage!

Sounds like a laugh. Wiltshire would be best for me, that is if I can find a chassis...

Hi All, just spotted this posting and was just wondering if any paticular venue had been chosen yet? If not I would obviously be in favour of the bubble car museum due to where I live, I am looking forward to meeting some fellow 4 owners and will most definitly have my F6 on the road by then:smile: I will post some pics as soon as the snow goes and I can get it out of the garage.

Regards....Barry

Good news for you, it is the bubble car museum.
You can contact me to book in and tell me if you need to camp.
More details will be available in the months before the event.Gary

RCCC Rally Update

RCCC is planning a national Renault Rally jointly with The Renault Owners Club and the R4 Forum.
The first RCCC National Rally will be based at the bubble car museum in Lincolnshire just off the A1
http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/
This will be a weekend event with camping for 60 units 8 with electric hookup B&B available,and a travel lodge about three miles away.
Bring your Renault auto Jumble,possible Renault model stall , entry to the museum and road runs to places of interest . There is an on site cafe,Fish and chip supper available Friday night £5
Barbecue Saturday night £5. large indoor marque with wooden floor power and light in case it rains.If there are enough numbers we may have live music on the Saturday night.
One of the road runs will include east Kirkby WW2 bomber station. http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/
We will be looking at a number of routes for the runs out to offer something for different interests eg a brewery and historic houses.
The Event will be Sat and Sun12th and 13th June 2010 those camping can arrive Friday night and stay over as long as they wish at £7 per night camping £10 per night with electric hookup.why not extend your visit and explore Lincolnshire and the coast..
We already have 17 cars booked and it would most helpful if people could book now to help with planning.

To Book your place and whether you require camping email me at ggcton@googlemail.com to register an interest and ensure you are sent full details.
Gary

Well BB will be there now, I have just finally finished getting her registered and taxed here in the UK. I was torn between taking her back to France or keeping her here, but I finally made my mind up.

Rally

Hi folks I am meeting with the Renault Owners Club to day to start firming up details for the RCCC/ROC national Rally at the bubble car museum.
All of you are invited so long as you come in a Renault.
Would those of you who have said you will be attending and are not RCCC members please PM me your address so that I can send you full details and an entry form to identify numbers for catering and camping.
Many thanks Gary

I'm sure its going to be the Bubble Car museum, I must admit I had forgotten all about this event until you posted on it, so well done.

Bubble car museum RCCC Rally

RCCC met with ROC reps yesterday to firm up the format for the Rally.
Camping fees will be payable to the club on arrival and we will pay the site owner, if you wish to stay on site more than the two nights you can pay the site owner for extra nights.
Friday evening will be arrival and setup for those that are camping Fri./sat. A fish and chip run will be available about 8 o clock for those who wish at cost approx £5.

Saturday will be a choice of a run out to East Kirkby WW2 bomber station or one of the local country houses each member to pay their own entry.
In the evening there will be a barbecue provided by a caterer and funded by RCCC , we are still deciding on bring your own alcohol or getting some in.
There is an indoor marquee if the weather is poor.

Sunday will be a treasure hunt round the local area ending up at a pub for Sunday lunch (pay your own).

People are welcome to bring their own auto jumble if they wish and David Austin intends to bring a variety of Renault models.

Ok decisions decisions, Renault Master camper or BB, Nice and comfortable or slum it in t'tent?

Where's your sense of adventure Pepper tent it's the only way, we've been out twice already this year, although we did have scrape the ice off one morning ( well it was -2 ) but i was warm, not so the other half though mmm not my brightest idea.

Well anyway we will be there with tent.

Well decisions been made for me, it will be the camper upon this fine weekend, but it won't be heading towards Lincolnshire!

Instead we shall mostly be heading towards the channel, as I've just been reminded we are racing in a charity bed race in the magnificent city of Lille!

We did it last year, we had a great laugh and this year we are taking a load of students of from Judiths school to take part too.

Back