Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Rear mud flap kits are now available !

Looking good.. take it it's just the tailpipe on the silencer that clashes rather than the box.. if so would be an easy enough work around.. still interested in a set

Looking good.. take it it's just the tailpipe on the silencer that clashes rather than the box.. if so would be an easy enough work around.. still interested in a set
Thanks ! It's the silencer that's in the way, I think maybe it's because I have the wrong silencer ? Not sure. I will investigate tomorrow. I have reserved you a set of mud flaps.

Last edited:
Thanks ! It's the silencer that's in the way, I think maybe it's because I have the wrong silencer ? Not sure. I will investigate tomorrow. I have reserved you a set of mud flaps.
I found out the problem with the rear silencer. the previous owner fitted the mounting bracket in the wrong hole (on the bumper bracket) So the silencer is now back well away from the mud flap. I also I ordered the galvanised metal for the mud flap brackets today.

Interested if you end up with any sets left over ... great work too to make this happen

Interested if you end up with any sets left over ... great work too to make this happen
Hello,
Well I am retired so I always need something to do just like when we lived in the UK.
And I am thinking of making another batch of 10 of these, as they have been so popular.
I will see if I have any left over for you. We have 'Geordie' friends over here !

Hello,
Well I am retired so I always need something to do just like when we lived in the UK.
And I am thinking of making another batch of 10 of these, as they have been so popular.
I will see if I have any left over for you. We have 'Geordie' friends over here !
Brilliant thanks .. yeah you can't get away from Geordies .. everywhere they are :)

The R4 mud flap production line is coming on well, although I had to redesign the brackets so they are inline with the centre of the wheels, and probably like the original. I used bolts for assembly rather than welding for adjustment when fitting. X10 pairs will be completed this month.
20240117_120539.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have finally completed X10 pairs of R4 mud flap kits, and I spent €500 on materials etc. 10 pairs Mud Flaps with shipping from Spain, Metal formed and cut to size, nut/bolts. So they cost me €50 a pair. Then of course I spent a lot of time making them. They weigh 2.5 Kilos with my packing and the EMS/Tracked shipping is now €35. So I was thinking of €135 (£115 GBP) a pair (including packing/shipping)
I will sell these on a first come first served basis. And I would prefer Paypal for the payment if possible for security.
Although I do have a U.K Lloyd's Bank account as well. So please PM me if you are interested in a pair. Thanks Kevin.20240202_111110.jpg20240117_111305.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, if you are bulk buying can i have a pair please? Happy to pay any postage and costs. Thank you.

Cheers Simon.
Hello Simon, the mud flap kits are now available if you are interested ? £115 a pair (Inc. packing/postage) Thanks Kevin

Back