Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Roffen (pictures of..At last!)

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hi again all! -here comes a few pixes of Roffen-long promised.
-just in case anyone should think I was just a busy Anorac with no 4..... -R

IMG_0235.jpg

Keep on posting the photos. I want to see inside. Is Roffen a he or a she? Looks immaculate. Can't see any rust and it doesn't look like it's been repainted. Don't you have rain in Norway?

I was going to ask what the car was behind Roffen in the first photo. Is that a big mirror in your garage?

Hi malcolm! -you spotted the donor that has now gone to the Renault-heaven after beeing stripped for all useful bitz&pieces
Plus rearpart of body&frame to be made into Roffen's trailer.

-Roffen is most definately a HE :cool: Whadda'ya mean???

Roffen is of the Very rare Rustfree-variant (RF2106) 'cept...there Was 2 holes (£1 sized) in the compartment on top of the traverse
they have been taken care of.
Paint is all original-only a few tiny dings but I won't ruin it by new paintjob as paint is all over very nice.
Todays water-based paint is.... eh ah... Inferiour to proper paint...My opinion of-course.

Will take more pixes of inside-gives me the chance to show-off my very cool head-rests too!

And yes,you're right-we do not have rain in Norway...-R.

Very Sorry - didn't mean to make any suggestions about Roffen's gender. Just there's no good English word for the third person singular when you don't know it's gender, and this makes writing difficult. We learn to ask the gender when we come across random letter jumble names like Roffen. Using "it" seems disrespectful when talking about a Renault 4. Maybe you have a gender neutral word in Norweigen we can adopt? The Renault 4 forum has already introduced the word "flap" into the English language as the collective tern for Plein airs. Maybe we can also introduce an alternative to "it".

Roffen is the coolest - It's amazing that a R4 can survive 24 years in it's original paint without streaming rust from every joint. Do you know the history of the van? Must have been very well looked after.

Roffens cockpit. with added instruments for safe flying!
..If you look closely you might see one of his marbles on the gearshift.he's got Big'uns so he not insecure about this At all!

IMG_0253.jpg

neighbour lending a hand...
The reardoor-rubber surrounds I had to make myself.Made out of Sikaflex (liquid rubber in 400g.cartridge-for window-sealant-Do NOT -EVER use silicone!!)
-in neighbours hand you can see my Secret Weapon...
BABY-BOTTOMS POWDER.
Use it on Any/All new rubber and sponge-rubber (Doors etc.)
so they won't stick or crack...

IMG_0259.jpg

them knobs again!
Look closely and you will see some very special equipment for keeping doors open.
-they are skiing-sticks which comes in various lenghts

-These are the R4-lenghts

IMG_0260.jpg

Ooops! cocked up..Here's the other end of project trailer..
sideframe-members will be cut in V-shape then bent in to form triangelshape of trailer-frame...
Big project now is to find a roof off of a fitting car-one with
nice rounded curves to the sides for to fill the front-hole in the trailer would be optimal-And I get the braces inside the roof as an extra bonus.
Got my can-opener sharpened and oiled-up so cars of fitting description around here lives on borrowed time now..... -R.

IMG_0255.jpg

Wow, there should be some kind of interconnection between our brains, or what?!! I have exactly the same marble on my '75's gear lever!! (mine has faded, though...)

Hi Angel! See-bright ideas are seldom unique.
and bright minds knows no boundaries either :roll:
-Lucky we're into 4's -it wouldn't be the same if done
in a Fuego right?

To malcolm-Roffen was adopted from St.Yrieix France
early last year,owned by elderly Gentleman and covered
under 80.000km's from new.
when I say elderly-he wasn't all obsolete. Very safety-
minded as it also included the original box of sparebulbs/
circuit-breakers plus a 6pack of condoms;)all in same box

Guess he was into community-service around town!
- it also included a CB-radio so he could call all contact telling when&where community service would be available.
Rear compartment of car had that horrendous wooden- structure that always seems to ding the car from inside-under it there were hundreds of cramps used to cramp barbed-wire to poles.. If he wasn't into some real kinky stuff that is..
(ALL of these details are pure hearsay -and not necessarily the One and Only truth)

The guy was Very sceptical selling to a foreigner so off went my Good buddy Jean-Loic (Merci a-Million!) to sweet-talk
the owner by telling him what a Teriffic guy I've always been..
Sorry have to stop now -gotta go puke.
(hope you read this with all puns intended) -R.

Reidarrrrrrrr! Happy blirfday to you...... Haspy blurfday to vous............ Haaaaaapsy blurssssssday toooo yooooooooo :hug:
(better late than never :p:p)

Beautiful Burgundy

Bonjour Mdme Bleubelle :hug:
I WISH :( I WISH :(. My Burgundy suntan lingers yet :cool:. I think our Tom Tom 'Nancy' suffered heatstroke in Cluny. :D

Back