Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Seasons greetings to you all..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..From sadly a Renault 4 free zone - but I was told my my blonde 27 year old fully formed skiing instructress Helga that she had one in her garage at home down the vally and I could come and see it / her at any time!!

Sadly Mrs S put pay to that idea as she thought Helga may try and flog me her car!!

• DSC01975 r.jpg
    DSC01975 r.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 99
Is it better in Norway Reida?

http://www.ski-norway.co.uk/1/resorts.htm

But you will be interested to know that in Norwayland there are 108,986 kilometres of roads - 4,800 metres of useable ski runs in total in the whole of Scandanavialand (2,800 in Norwayland) - Thats with tows.

There are 756 ski jumps in Norwayland and 2 in Franceland which must mean that most Norwegians are constantly flying!!

In Les Trois Vallees there are 256,893 kilometres of piste - Thats further than a trip to Pluto!!

Not only that, but guess the name of a certain King of an African country who was staying at Club Med with us?

This picture is a clue and whoever gets it right will get my old Trois Vallees electronic ski pass...I will give you a clue - It south of Naples in Italyland?

I have to say that he didnt look quite so hip on the piste and on a couple of occasions he shouted at me to get out the way and as he was eating an orange while being rather overly dressed up in an expensive looking Jean-Claude Killy orange jump suit, Orange wooley hat and Salmon / Orange coloured ski boots, I really thought he must be from Hollandland but I was wrong as his bouncers bounced me out of the way!! His Queen however was a star - Claire

And by the way, this is my son and heir Jack next to Mount Blanc - 4808 metres high. Highest mountain in Norwayland Reida ? Correct, - Galdhøpiggen 2469 metres - a mere bump on the ground I would say or as we would say here in Blightyland a small hill!!

• CIMG0017 a.jpg
    CIMG0017 a.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC01976 e.jpg
    DSC01976 e.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 92
Season's greetings from Clementine too. You might bump into her on the slopes.

mini_clementine_ski.jpg

Sorry team - President and not King of an African Country

..Not that I need to bother, as none of you seemed to think that my old ski pass was worth stabbing a guess at the King in question..

So the ski pass goes into my family museum and for anyone interested, It was President Joao Bernardo Vieira, the head of state of Guinea Bissau.

And for you footballing nuts, he is the bother of Patrick Vieira, lately of Arsenal and Inter Milan.

Talking football, this is an interesting article:

• sa news c.jpg
    sa news c.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 71
HI ian-Hope you survived all festivitas during NewYear with only minor damage! As usual you're correct ,Galdøpiggen is the highest
bump over here-On my daily jog I have to check my pulse-counter
to be sure I am actually jogging Uphill Galdøpiggen.........
All family gathered at our place for Christmas and NewYear so me and the cat disappeared into the garage from time to time to stay
sane.Roffen got a shot of Aquavite into the snorkel-fired right up and smelled of Christmas too-Cat run off as Roffen started with a bang.Cat not much into bangs so NewYearsEve he lay under the bed with both paws over his ears.
Minus 11Cels.here now so nice outside temp to be inside in!
We've got a ski-jump right behind the house ,anyone wanna have a go?? -I'll do ambulance-duty with Roffen! -Reid.

Photos please Reida - photos photos

..Please please please

It would be great to see you and Norwayland 'au natural' and the ski slope with Roffen on it ready to take to the skies...

• bb 1.jpg
    bb 1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 63
A happy new year here too, we've just got back from our internet less house in the Vendee. (I like it that way) I can always go to the neighbours if I need the net but otherwise it makes a nice change not being on the end of e-mails and threads.

Mrs Poivre had a great time, James played with all of his new toys and I went playing in scrapyards and cycled round a frozen Vendee.

I managed to get a couple of replacement headlights from a scrappies in Chantonnay.

Amazing! I will keep this photo for the summer, when inside temperature reaches 50 deg. C.

Looks like you need to order one of my heated windscreens, only another 12 needed to place an order with the manufacturer.
Allan

..All very well worrying about windscreens..

..But what about worrying about John D in BiH, Pava and team in Serbia and Angel in Greece after this mornings news that they have all had their gas supplies turned off..

I hope you have lots of dry wood hidden away in your barns chaps and if not, you will be pleased to know that there is a huge stack of wood at Paradise, Malcolms huge estate in Bedfordshire..All you need is a huge truck to collect it.

And what about worrying about Pepper and family - Coldest place in the world this morning - Benson in Oxon, ( 4 feet of snow and still falling) Benson is not a million miles away from the Pepper Family Estate at Farnborough..I bet Pepper takes a sickie today and stays at home to play Monopoly around the roaring log fire with his family!!

• bb ch v.jpg
    bb ch v.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 43
I worked all day today, I thought it wasn't as cold as yesterday, I had minus 9 on my dashboard when I set out in the morning.

..There aint no stopping Pepper is there?

..And I bet he will be back at work again tomorrow even if he has to dig his way out of 3 metres of snow again..

Talking of snow..Where is Bluebell and Captain Van Rouge? Anyone heard from them or are they under 3 metres of snow as well?

• 15279 v.jpg
    15279 v.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 34
Not heard nowt from them, but judging by the depth of cold in the Vendee last week, I'd bet they were sat huddled in front of a nice deep french fire.

My heating system runs on coal and wood so no real danger for me...

Me too, my heating runs on oil, and the plumbing work for gas in my neighbourhood's roads was completed just two weeks ago.

Back