Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Snow time

John Doe

Enthusiast
We have around 25cm of snow and it's still snowing.

Out of garage...
PB180002.jpg

PB180004.jpg

PB180006.jpg

New wheel type?
PB180007.jpg

Lovely pics, John Doe. That last one would make a good R4 Club Christmas card!
For anyone as ignorant as I, BiH is Bosnia and Herzegovina which is opposite Italy on the other side of the Adriatic. Do you normally get so much snow this early in the winter? Are snow tyres and chains quite usual?
Here, even in sunny Yorkshire, it's pouring with rain and looks to continue all day. :(

I'll try to get a better picture for the Christmas card because this one is too dark. Yes, BiH stands for Bosnia and Herzegovina. Last winter was almost without snow (global warming :( ) but it's not that unsual to get so much snow so early. From november 15th to april the 15th we are obligated to use winter equipment (snow tyres or chains). I have Sava snow tyres and chains in the car, just in case because sometimes snow tyres are not enough. R4 behaves very good on snow especially with snow tyres, it's really fun to drive around :) I remember my father telling me that once he drove through snow so deep that snow was getting on the bonnet while he was pushing it in front of him!

One more pic...
PB180001.jpg

Wow - that's a lot of snow. It's sleeting here tonight (wet snow). If it turns to snow in the night the UK will come to a standstill. It doesn't snow very often here so nobody has snow tyres or snow chains, and people aren't confident to drive in the snow.

I've got snow tyres and chains from my trip to the alps, but they are no use in the UK - roads are blocked with cars when it snows.

It's still raining here, no good for Christmas cards. But if anyone else like John Doe finds themselves in a picturesque scene with snow/fir trees/robins/coloured lights/fairy castles etc please post pictures on the forum so we can produce a nice Christmas card to send round to members. Please remember to get your R4 in the picture too! :)

Nice pictures : thanks for taking the trouble to post. Brrrrrrrr!

regards from the nippy but dry Pyrenees

David

I had so much fun tonight! It's snowing and the streets are full of snow! I was over to nearby city of Doboj and it was just crazy! Handbrake was working overtime and 180 degrees turns were piece of cake :)

Good thinking John Doe.

Now that Christmas is within sight please post any nice photos of R4s in the snow so I can make my Christmas cards.

Last edited:
..You will need a bigger photo than that Bluebell..

..Does this fit your bill, but perhaps without my Christmas greetings?

Last edited by a moderator:
..Same here in Western France John..

..It is incredibly cold here today and this was the view from my office this morning - Lots of activity though - it looks a bit sleepy there in sleepy BH?

• Xtc a.jpg
    Xtc a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 106
Makes me feel cold just looking at that - only -6 in nearby St Lo early this morning.:)

Back