Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay 2017? - Where to find information

Aww man, I better pull my finger out and get my 4 on the road.. We had rally plaques made up in 2011, they were awesome, if we spoke to the rally organisers they will mark up the field for our vehicles, they did for other groups. There is also 2 types of camping, noisy and quiet. Nothing like the French to put on a good motor weekend.

Perhaps inspired by the beginning of a new year, I've got it all booked. Ferry and hotel all done.

Are we nearly there yet?

Dang you beat me to the are we nearly there yet..

Funny, we're both biologists and I have a 2seconds too..

Nice to hear Azazello! Yes a 'pop-up' tent is a must have as I mainly ride on my motorcycles. Then a light tent for easy setup (especially on rainy days) is key :) Also full gear from fjällräven and too expensive boots along with a set of binoculars !

What is your area of work? I'm specialized in drone mapping and analysis of nature areas, rainwaterbasins etc. - 3D modelling and volume calculations and automatic species recognition is included.
Had to 'create' this area of work though as it didnt exist...but now we've just got a 150.000 £ grant, so I'm off buying new toys !

dcrCvy3.jpg

No its not that easy getting jobs in the common biology areas. Here in Denmark its now very climate-change focused, or just boring desk jobs concerning legislation.

I have just emailed the organisers to see if they intend to have an English translation of their website.

I have just emailed the organisers to see if they intend to have an English translation of their website.

Wouldn't hold your breath to be honest.

Anyway, once the full website goes live, the booking process was easy enough even in French!

if we spoke to the rally organisers they will mark up the field for our vehicles, they did for other groups.

Sounds like a good idea! Be nice to have 'Un espace pour les quattrelles de Clementine' ;)

It would be great with a marked space :) Trés bien pour moi. Et puis un peu des bieres et bouffonneries!

Hi Niels, there is a big camping area at Thenay, and I reckon most people at the event do camp. The atmosphere there is brilliant, real party spirit. I'm sure once we get into the new year the web page will be fully up and running, and you should be able to book your pitch. For those folks who prefer to go b&b, there are several in the area Paul.
We're planning to get there this year, our Quatrelle willing. Sadly it's due its CT - French MOT - in March, so may be partly dependent on the outcome, I fear. We bought a similar aged (1986) Conway Camargue Camping Trailer recently here in France and would plan to hook it up - we have a Tow-hitch - and roll to Thenay. Hope to catch you there this year.

What a coincidence :) It might be the utter green-ness of the R4. Mine is doing the 17-18 km/l and is therefore classified as a eco car (by me). Im sure the exhaust fumes are non-toxic too!
Sounds great Iain, I hope your R4 gets through the CT without a hitch. Here in Denmark its mostly rust, tires, suspension and lights they focus on on older cars.
I still hope to make it to Thenay. Two friends are getting married that weekend though so I'll wait and see what it'll end up with.

What a coincidence :) It might be the utter green-ness of the R4. Mine is doing the 17-18 km/l and is therefore classified as a eco car (by me). Im sure the exhaust fumes are non-toxic too!
Sounds great Iain, I hope your R4 gets through the CT without a hitch. Here in Denmark its mostly rust, tires, suspension and lights they focus on on older cars.
I still hope to make it to Thenay. Two friends are getting married that weekend though so I'll wait and see what it'll end up with.
Hej Niels! Jag bot i Sverige (Vaster Norrland) over 6 ar. We've thought of driving up to visit friends in Sweden but also have an ageing Swedish registered, insured etc., Saab that makes more sense for the journey.

It would be kind to the old car to take it home to Sweden then :) If the trip will pass Fyn/Funen, then I reside on your way.

Bluegreen: I have only owned the R4 (my only car sofar) from 2014, and only had a permit since 2006 (my 18th year), so no I was sadly not there at the time. But nice R4 (F6 right?)
I've had 16 motorcycles since 2006, and been on many meetings and rallies though. I will recommend the Wedelslund Estate meet (every year start June), with air shows (genuine Spitfire and P51 the last years), trucks, cars, bikes and a lot of entertainment!

I think I'll be at the Scand. Ren. meeting 2017 too. Hanstholm is a very nice place :)

WngTRzY.jpg

Back