Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Trip to Morocco 2016

Well done some great work been going on with your van always nice to read what others have been doing
Me not much recently for those wondering

This is exciting! I'm glad to see you're better prepared than I was for the 4L Trophy 2013! Enjoy the trip, and please keep posting your news.

By the way, great idea with the filter. Where did you get the unit from?

Hi Paul - thanks for comments/support :clapping:

Hi Tom - I first saw this type of filter on a googled pic and by pure luck found a secondhand one on www.leboncoin.fr but I'm sure they must be available somewhere - this was the nearest I could find on the net http://fr.picclick.com/KIT-FILTRE-DADMISSION-A-AIR-DIRECT-SPORT-NEW-200389907182.html

But not sure this would fit the hose to the carb.

The trip organisers have been very good on giving out information on things that need to be done/looked at prior to the trip.

Went for a trial ride today - checking that things were running well. We have loads of tracks in the hills around where we live which makes it more realistic :waving:

maroc15.jpg

maroc16.jpg

The van wasn't it's usual happy self on the way round but got home OK then found the lead to the coil had come loose - fixed :doh:

We managed to get another practice run out today - between Piene Haute and Col de Brouis. The track went along a high ridge giving stunning views all the way.

maroc17.jpg

maroc18.jpg

Also trying to get a video loaded !!!!:whistle:

Well we're getting close the departure date next Sat - the last week has been a bit hectic the alternator went on the blink so had to run around finding another to swap in. This is giving a really good charge but the dashboard light not working - probably the connection so will have to check this weekend or may be put a meter in if I have time.

Have fiddled around and found that the two lugs on the bulb holder are broken so it's off to find a new one on Monday morning:mad:

Last edited:
We have also been sorting through clothing and toys that we are taking to three Berber Villages on our route.

maroc19.jpg

maroc20.jpg

Last edited:
seteibis.jpg

Just done first day from home to Sete - catch the ferry tomorrow 2 days on the boat to Tanger.

I tried to put some pics up but failed -poor internet connection on the boat.

meetingatferry.jpg

Meeting the rest of the group at Sete

2A2A1053boardingferry.jpg

Loading onto the ferry.

ferrysete1.jpg

Leaving Sete port

seteferry2.jpg

Leaving Sete.

leavingbar1.jpg

We also had to call into Barcelona which ment we were very late getting into Tanger

leavingbar2.jpg

Hi folks - got good internet access for the first time in a week (what sad people we are). The ferry was very late arriving in Tanger due to the stop in Barcelona so we ended up getting to our hotel at around 2am after a mildly epic drive down country. I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days.

ferrysete2.jpg

ferrysete3.jpg

Last edited:
We stayed overnight at a very nice hotel just outside Midelt. The first day was quite good except for a rough section in the middle along a stream bed/gorge which put some hefty dents in the sump protection plate. Near the finish we distributed toys and cloths to a Berber village.

At the hotel in the early morning.
day11.jpg

day12.jpg

First stop.
day13.jpg

One of our recovery vehicles!!!!!!
day14.jpg

Easy track to start
day18.jpg

The rough stream\gorge
day19.jpg

Lunch break
day15.jpg

Berber village
day17.jpg

day16.jpg

Hi folks sorry for the gap in posting we've been a bit busy cleaning up - putting the van back together (more on this later) - sorting through the pics. So we survived day1 and the very rough drive through the river gorge. We stayed the night at Er-Rachida and were going to Merzonga on our second day out.

The first stop was at some pre-islamic tumuli at Oued Tarda what a stunning place.

day2 1.JPG

day2 b.jpg

day2 a.jpg

Our next stop a little further on at Oued Rheris was at some sculptures erected by a German - not sure why???

day c.jpg

day2 d.jpg

day2  f.jpg

day2 e.jpg

We were then warned that we had a seep hill climb to do but that it shouldn't give us any problems. Nobody go up the hill without being pulled up by the Land Rover. It seemed a little silly putting us into terrain that wasn't really suitable for Renault 4s.

day2 f.jpg

day2 h.jpg

The descent was even worse - Minor breakdown at the bottom of the hill - new condenser and reset the points!!!!

Then we all promptly got buried in the sand :dontknow:.

Then we all promptly got buried in the sand :dontknow:.

day2  j.jpg

day2  i.jpg

day2  k.jpg

After being pulled through the sand it was fairly straight forward.

day2  m.jpg

day2  n.jpg

day2  o.jpg

day2  p.jpg

Jamboo Giles l will be happy if you expand your journey up to Tanzania- East Africa :waving:......uhhhh

When we got up on the third day we managed to catch the sunrise over the dunes - what a fabulous sight.

Looking from the hotel

day3 1.jpg

day3 3.jpg

Looking back at the hotel

day3 2.jpg

Back