Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Vandals! Hooligans!

iMacThere4iAm

Tom Long
Last night Felicia was attacked by some thugs who moved her several metres down the road then tipped her over on one side. I am more than a little miffed! :mad:

Sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to take pictures at the time, but here's the results. Click for bigger.

The worst damage is to the driver's side A-pillar and the edge of the roof which are bent inwards. The seal around the windscreen is deformed and letting in a lot of rain. Any tips for dealing with a puddle on the floor? Surprisingly it isn't rusty enough to drain out.

what goes though theses guys minds as they do things like this!?

We used to have a few problems with the saabs and my motorbikes similar to this. Ended up chasing some kids down the road with a bar >.> never saw them again thou ^-^

it seems its crushed the top of the pillar. I think there is no quick fix here.

Pop the window out? pull and bash it back into shape and replace the window?

every sympathy,have had numerous attacks and attempts of theft of my Mahari it really pisses me off,excuse latin so far my R4 has remains unscathed think there to thick to work out the gear change,chin up you still have Felicia.Best

Two months after my red car was painted I went to a bar, when I returned to the parking lot I've found that my windscreen wipers are missing and that somebody has been sitting on the hood and we know how soft they are. The only good thing is that the guy was not there.

Sorry about the damage but this looks like an insurance job if they will stand the bill.
The firm that restored my R6 could do it but depends on your insurance.
Gary

I am SO sorry to read this. This country's pond life takes pleasure in targeting anything quirky, different or interesting. Hopefully you've informed the police - there's bound to be some fingerprints there.

It looks like a write-off to me - if you have fully comp insurance then go for the best deal you can get - whether a repair or a payout.

Really sorry to hear this. It's so disappointing. Perhaps if it's a write-off you can buy it back from insurers?

To be honest I would avoid insurance. No other cars were involved and with a bit of work it could be fixed.

Insurance would just write it off and scrap it and to be honest its probably worth more to you as a slightly bent still quirky car than the cash they would give you ?

What idiots! :mad:
I'm truely sorry for you!

I would bend everything back as good as it's possible and keep Felicia that way.

Good luck anyway!

Cheers,

David

To be honest I would avoid insurance. No other cars were involved and with a bit of work it could be fixed.

Insurance would just write it off and scrap it and to be honest its probably worth more to you as a slightly bent still quirky car than the cash they would give you ?

+1 Really not going to be worth getting the insurance involved.

Unbelievable. B**TARDS.

It is bad, but in my opinion no that bad.

Your windscreen has not cracked so the roof frame cannot have "moved across".

Does the door still shut OK?

If you get stuck, leave it with me up here and my body man will sort it, probably less than £300.

Have you informed the police?

I did call the police, they helped me push it upright again. Unfortunately there was not much else they could do seeing as the perpetrators had long gone and I was parked on a quiet suburban street away from any CCTV.

The rear door is stiff but still shuts OK. The front door was already damaged but is no worse than before. The only real concern is the windscreen frame being distorted, looks like I am going to have to take the glass out to inspect the damage and bend it back.

Really sorry to hear this. Bloody people. Some people just don't think, what on Earth is going through their heads! Insurance is probably a waste of time. Hopefully there's someone near by who can give you a hand. Glad to hear you've got the door to shut. Hopefully she's watertight now at the very least.

I know how you must feel. My R4 has fallen victim on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately as helpful and understanding as the Police were nothing ever came of their actions.

Here's hoping you get her sorted soon and something similar happens to whoever did this.

wow, you guys rally together with ideas and willing to lean at hand.

iMacThere4iAm, I am interested, you say you live in Bath but Felicia has 'French?' number plates and you say you are with a french bank for insurance? You studying in england?

wow, you guys rally together with ideas and willing to lean at hand.

iMacThere4iAm, I am interested, you say you live in Bath but Felicia has 'French?' number plates and you say you are with a french bank for insurance? You studying in england?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support!

I did a stint in France last year, that's how I caught the Renault bug and brought Felicia back with me :)

Back