Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

waxoyl treatment

I removed the roof lining the other day to fit some close cell foam. Not only was there a bit of rust rash under the roof but the 'paintwork' was very poor and thin and with no paint in the middle. Clearly these cars were sprayed by hand and not dipped.

This is pretty normal procedure under production,if panel is meant to be covered up by fabric or plastic-panel they won't spend paint all the way.
and no they weren't dipped as you say they were painted by simple paint-robots.
-Now is a good time for you to dab on some paint both for rust prevention And a fair bit of sound-proofing
I bought some rolls of cork-material acually to make seals etc You get it in 1-1,5-2-3 and 5mm thichness mine were 200cm x 50cm they are impreg-
nated as they need to be if used as seals..so won't hold water at all.
Easy to measure up and glue on with contact-glue and they really work.They can be roll-or brush or spray-painted to match and you won't have
condencing-issues afterwards as they insulates temp too.
As mine is a F4 it had a boomy sound in the cabin now much much better -Reid.

What kind of money do they charge? Mine needs doing before too long
I have just had a quote from Ultimate Waxoyl Treatment of £395 inc vat to do my R4. I think I am going to do it myself for that price.

Absolutely at that price. OK without the special pressurised equipment, you may fail to get the Waxoyl into every nook and cranny but what you do will be 100 times better than what is there at present.

Back