Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What have I done! (R4 GTL)

Nice one JonathanT...going to test your spring position to see how it feels.

Yes the spring is better here as in its normal position , in some gear stick positions there is no tension at all on the Spring making it hard to remain hooked through the holes. By extending with a long wire hook it's possible to maintain a slight tension on it all the time whatever the gearstick position. This makes it feel better too when operating

I am driving few days now whit spring caught at front wing, and it feels better than before......will keep it this way

Yesterday had visit.
Our forum member OTTO form Czech Republic came to summer holidays near my place....so we arranged small gathering....

Lot of talk about our cars, plans for future, discussion about car parts.......and so on......

Just two nice pictures to describe our meeting.

20160713_194407.jpg

20160713_194439.jpg

A friend has just bought a share in a holiday house on some very pretty small island in Croatia. Maybe it's near you?! Somewhere near Rovinj I think ??? Would be great to get an invite.

JohnatanT....Rovinj is on upper part of Croatian coast... Vodice are in the middle, Dubrovnik is far on lower part of coast.

https://www.google.hr/maps/dir/Vodi...2!1d13.6387067!2d45.0811661!2m1!1b1!3e0?hl=hr

But when you are in Croatia than is much closer then in UK :D

Yesterday made service on R4
gearbox oil changed to GL5 (mechanics managed to find ELF PRESTIGRADE TYPE B although i did not insist)
engine oil and oil filter changed.
Track road ends changed (on both sides) as those i have ordered from 3RG INDUSTRIAL did not have good taper and started to unscrew by them self because of vibrations while drive. I started to feel little bit noisy front end when crossing long and deeper hols on the road and checked

And get back tires on alpina rims.....NOw i am legal and 155/70/13 are written down in cars documentations. So police or border patrol can not do me nothing.

Also got back rear wheel arch rubber back from sewing.

20160718_200457.jpg

join
20160718_200514.jpg

Need to add one more layer of soundproofing foam and then can put it on car....

Small bits and pieces still left to do

Yesterday had visit.
Our forum member OTTO form Czech Republic came to summer holidays near my place....so we arranged small gathering....

Lot of talk about our cars, plans for future, discussion about car parts.......and so on......

Just two nice pictures to describe our meeting.

View attachment 16479

View attachment 16480
Heartwarming to read this post. Families brought together by a common interest.....
C'mon forum members, let's do more of this!

Petak those wheel arch rubbers are looking great. Thats a complicated thing to make compound curves out of flat material!
My arch covers are torn - so making some in this fashion would be better and allow a bit of room for sound proofing too.

Thank you JonathanT

I have made template from old wheel arches rubber mats out of nylon (few trash bin bags are spend).
Still have those templates.
Templates are bigger (cm or two) than old mats.....just in case....it is easier to cut rubber afterwards than to add it ;)

I have used 2mm rubber with reinforcement in the middle.

Will try to make acad drawing and post here.

Thank you JonathanT

I have made template from old wheel arches rubber mats out of nylon (few trash bin bags are spend).
Still have those templates.
Templates are bigger (cm or two) than old mats.....just in case....it is easier to cut rubber afterwards than to add it ;)

I have used 2mm rubber with reinforcement in the middle.

Will try to make acad drawing and post here.
That would be great Petak

I'm hoping to make a template of the wheel arch linings when I get round to those but will be after I'm on the road

Just curious - what is the purpose behind these wheel arch covers? To protect the steel panels perhaps?

Hi Paul N Ive confused the discussion by talking about wheel arch linings on the underside of the wings. The conversation is about the wheel arch trims in the boot which are there to make it look pretty but can also help deaden road noise.

Hi Paul N Ive confused the discussion by talking about wheel arch linings on the underside of the wings. The conversation is about the wheel arch trims in the boot which are there to make it look pretty but can also help deaden road noise.
But don't all R4s have rear wheel arch linings as standard? Mine does.

No?! Show us !

Sharn't! No I photographed the inner wheel arches this morning but (as usual) cannot post images here. Facebook, email, messages, OK, but not forums. But basically they are ribbed rubber just like the rear mat.

Doh wires VERY crossed sorry Petak for all this in your thread.

Yes Paul N all R4's that I know of have those ribbed wheel arch covers within the boot. Or at least they should. I was referring to wheel arch linings on the underside to stop mud splattering up the crevices under the wheel arches to prevent future rusting. Malcolm has a whole feature on this in his restoration pages

"You are Sir to send the Light Brigade to attack the Russian cannons".
"What bloody cannons?"
"Those cannons, my Lord", swinging an outstretched arm in the general direction of nowhere in particular.
"Oh well, we'd better do as he asks........."

Substitute 'cannons' for under wheel arch protectors......

Back