Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What I am doing!

Thanks Paul...not out of the woods yet...a bit more fettling and lots of adhesive to follow...lets see how I get on tomorrow. Today met up with Jim E4GTL who had Several surplus spares from me. It's a great community on here . Took the remnants to the scrapyard not much left of that old body.....used every scrap! Kept back the bulkhead just in case I ever buy a left hooker from the Sunny South of Spain and change it to RHD and all electric!

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 2
A front wing is on and together with the bonnet all aligned correctly. A prep session for the New Year...may it be a good fun one for all you R4 fans :clapping:

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2
Looks much more like a car now fun is next trying to work out which bit goes where and which box it is hiding in

Nice progress JonathanT. Did you have hard time to align all pieces?

As mr reno says fun starts now. To put all back to right place.

All the best to you in new year.

Sorry Jonathan only just seen your reply can pop over Sunday morning if any good or anytime Monday but guess you back to work then

Ha! At last Womble has all his doors on....albeit temporary in an effort to align and fettle all the shut lines. Mini cat is inspecting new panels. Lot of work yet to do. The door patterns are different giving rise to differing shut lines on each side. I may deliberately trim the edges and weld seams up again to get more parallel or at least balanced shut lines on each side. The alignment of the front wing to quarter panel is poor on one side...despite the waist line being perfect. Rectifying this will be easier than reshaping the waist line

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Rolemin if you can work out how to Pm me ( I can't) I expect we can do something this weekend
Sorry Jonathan only just seen your reply can pop over Sunday morning if any good or anytime Monday but guess you back to work then
i I

Untidy Garage!!! And I've been careful to keep tidy all the way up to last week...going to have to sort this mess out...I'm tripping over a tangle wires and spanners ....not good :whistle:

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 3
Time to post a progress report. Now onto detail rubbing down. Then detail filling.......Then detail rubbing down!....... Then detail filling!....... Then detail rubbing down .........Groan.Hey ho soon off to the paint shop

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 9
Have you modified the air inlet profile to host properly the metal flap?
It is a really interesting modification...

dullest job of all on R4 but sooooooo crucial as paint is first thing everyone will see approaching your car.

Small bits and peaces that you are proud of most people would not even see.

Have you modified the air inlet profile to host properly the metal flap?
It is a really interesting modification...

Hi Azzazello Yes it's a modification made possible by using a section of rolled edge door pillar ! If you look at earlier posts on my thread you will see how I made the hinge. I'm currently filling and sanding the junction with the body. I have a few more tack welds to do and it'll be finished. Will post some more photos of this detail soon

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 7
Weekend at last! And so far I've managed to drink a pint of beer and accidentally spray paint my armpit with acid etch paint. ouch! So now sitting on the cold hard floor in the garage contemplating my next move

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1
Mind you I did manage this last night . I had to cut and re shape then weld up the 'A' panel to a new line to align with the wing. The waist line is bang on...just this side didn't align just here annoyingly

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Thank you! Vulgalour

I've become quite adept at welding now.....a lot of practise!

My friend has a Renault 6 Haynes Manual for sale ...would this be of interest?

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you! Vulgalour

I've become quite adept at welding now.....a lot of practise!

My friend has a Renault 6 Haynes Manual for sale ...would this be of interest?

Of course. .. how much would it be including postage to Italy?
Is it suitable for 1108 models?

Sorry Azazello didn't see your remark. I will ask tomorrow about the Haynes book

:drunk:WOMBLE AWAITS! - His big day is tomorrow when all those months of hard work will see him off to the paint shop FINALLY!

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
Back