Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Who's is this R4????

thisnk it went for 535 ish

Seller does mention new wings and bonnet due to accident damage but doesn't mention its been a Cat D write off which will be a nice surprise for the new owner won't it.

Hey Lobster, I was just looking at the ebay ad for this car and the guys username is modelman. You sure you aren't selling a white R4 on eBay??

Yeah, it is a nice little car. You have to be careful with Cat D / C cars and not just because they should be worth less.

As I found out with a previously damaged Mx5, its a (legal I think) requirement to inform your insurer that the car is on the register and they promptly increase the premium by about 50%. On challenge their dubious response was that the premium had to be higher because the car might be harder to repair the second time round.

The best bit about this wheeze is that despite the insurance industry holding the register, they do not check the car against the database when you ring up to insure it, so it remains your responsibility to tell them your car is on their register. I somehow suspect if you ring up to claim, the first thing they do is check your car then, and if its been recorded use that as an excuse not to pay, or write it off again as its pre crash value is lower than thought etc, and they just pocket the premium difference...

Back