Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1962 one-owner R3 for sale

Why did I tell you all about it - I want to buy it myself now!!! But then again I've got too many non-running cars already, not to mention a house to restore...

If any of you do decide to buy it and happen to pass through Normandy on the way back I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Are there any pictures available of this ’63 R2104 ? I am extremely curious! I do not think, by the way, that more than EUR 1500 will be bid for the R3. Car prices are always very low on eBay...

Well I tried... I just hope the buyer does not prove to be serious...
0 feedback is not a good sign, so I may be on for that road trip yet...

It's a shame you didn't win - it would have been good to find out more about the car.

Maybe if the sale falls through....

Well the winning bidder has 0 feedback so maybe the sale will fall through. Why not ask Le parisienne to ask the seller how the sale is going!

When you say a ghost ! is that when a seller has another i.d and bids on his own item to get the price up but unfortunately won the item ? as otherwise why did he not just go through the list and make 2nd chance offers to other bidders.

tanslation of the red text (thank's to : wordlingo.com):
this vehicle is given on sale because the purchaser could not honour
his purchase. it was a profile 0, with which I had trusted my depend. I make a point of specifying that the purchaser did not move to see
the vehicle. serieux ebayor, with you, it is asked a payment under 8 requirement days.

As computers are completely incapable of translating anything accurately (especially when the original text is so full of spelling mistakes, and devoid of punctuation!) here's a refined version of Le Parisien's translation:

"This vehicle has been re-listed because the buyer didn’t honour his bid. It was a person with an evaluation of zero who to my cost I trusted, and who didn’t bother coming to look at the vehicle. Serious bidders are asked to pay without fail within eight days."

I knew that my four years at university training as a translator would come in useful one day, even if I can't be bothered to do it for a living!!!

merci La Poste.
Décidément, rien ne vaut les services publics à la française !

Enfin bref, la quatrelle est toujours à vendre (la troiselle, pardon).

Anybody's speaking french ?

sold again or scam?

The way this sale went just makes me wonder...Why would he let a bidder with zero feedback be the front runner after the last experiance?

The id of one of the other high bidders has turned up in the sellers feedback before...sounds to me like one of his mates...I dipped out as it all felt a bit fishy...shame I would love that car...

Back