Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 F4

Jealous! Had seen the van on eBay, looks great. I am looking for an F4, there are a few projects on there, but it seems the best chance of a decent runner is from Europe. Does the seller bring these in, or do you know if this was a one off import? The description covered quite a bit of work had been done so maybe it was a project they were selling on? Any tips welcome!

Most awesome colour evahh! Can't wait to see more photos. Any serious work involved with the car?

Most awesome colour evahh! Can't wait to see more photos. Any serious work involved with the car?
Hi there
I do not believe there is any serious work required on it. My wife has not named it yet so I await her decision!!! I thought of "FiFi" but that was rejected out of hand.:laughing::clapping:

Jealous! Had seen the van on eBay, looks great. I am looking for an F4, there are a few projects on there, but it seems the best chance of a decent runner is from Europe. Does the seller bring these in, or do you know if this was a one off import? The description covered quite a bit of work had been done so maybe it was a project they were selling on? Any tips welcome!
Due to bad communication the seller drove very close to the house on his way to Hyde near Manchester on Monday last. I drove to view it on Tuesday and although on ebay, he had rejected a buy it now price, face to face we agreed a price. He is going back to France, where he is resident, tomorrow so it will get delivered then. Will report further after inspection.:)

Now sitting on my drive. Closer inspection has shown up some minor blemishes etc and some tidying up of electrics to be done.
Got NOVA sorted out fairly easily. One needs to read all the words in the correct order!!
Will modify headlights for UK and add rear fog lights before MOT. Windscreen has 2 damaged areas, 1 within driver's viewing area so maybe will get laminated glass cut to shape. Been busy with shopping list for it.
I await my wife giving 'her' a name!!

• DSC00657.JPG
    DSC00657.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 14
Removed the front grille and headlight units. Modified the lights, as per Malcolm's excellent script on this Forum, but did not include a sidelight.
I am planning to have LED driving lamps in the grille so thought a sidelight would be unnecessary. The Cibie's I have on my orange F4 'Vanessa' came with sidelights included already.

• DSC00662.JPG
    DSC00662.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00663.JPG
    DSC00663.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 6
I have been giving some attention to the F4. Locating areas of suspect wiring. Wires twisted round each other and some sticky tape over etc., Gradually getting there although it has taken a lot more time. Have added reversing and rear fog lights. Access to add the reversing light switch was much easier once I took the bottom central plate off. Added wiring to connect into main loom and located the green wire at the rear to extend that down to the lamps. Where the previous owner had modified the radiator for an 1108 engine the wiring to the sender needed tidying up. None of it difficult just time consuming.
Attached picture shows state of one of the rear lights. Bulbs held in with silver paper and paint everywhere.!!

• DSC00680.JPG
    DSC00680.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 4
Been doing some electrics at rear of F4. High level brake light, reversing & rear fog fitted. Rear window needs a good clean and I will finish up removing all traces of the sticker that was in the LH corner!! Must have been put in with superglue or equivalent. Rear bumper being cleaned up before refitting it.
I have a new top door rubber to be fitted.
I do not suppose anyone has the cover plate to the rear door lock which is missing?

• DSC00682.JPG
    DSC00682.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00684.JPG
    DSC00684.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00686.JPG
    DSC00686.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
Bit of an update with activities on "BeBe". Named by she who must be obeyed . Blue & Black = BeBe.
Have upgraded the headlights to 60/55w P45T bulbs with separate relays for dipped and main beam.
Did a sidelight in headlight conversion as well. As I am planning to add side repeaters for the indicators have put the wiring in for later addition.
Modified existing wiring to add the reversing lights and also rear fog lights.
Added LED driving lights at front to extinquish when sidelights switched on.
Added wiring into dipped and beam beam circuits for later addition of spots and fogs maybe.

Gave up trying to remove an existing sticker on rear window so a Renault Classic Car Club sticker covers the spot.

Have purchased a set of AVO shock absorbers for fitment.

Looking to get BeBe to my local MOT station for a test and then UK registration shortly.

• DSC00708.JPG
    DSC00708.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00707.JPG
    DSC00707.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 4
Have done various bits since getting the MOT. AVO shock absorbers; new water pump, thermostat, hoses; oil pressure take-off sender; various electrical upgrades.
Before someone says anything it was a 6 week wait for blue silicone hoses so I got red!!

• DSC00765.JPG
    DSC00765.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 8
Where did you get the new hoses from, mine will need replacing at some point

Possible alternative wheels. Speedline alloys which I had grit blasted and then have painted. No laquer on these yet.

• DSC00828.JPG
    DSC00828.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 1
Back