Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 GTL Exhaust

charlesa

Enthusiast
Good afternoon all,
Would one of you kindly give me the part number for the central exhaust pipe section for my 1108cc GTL ?
The VIN no. is 112800F0000481.
Engine number C048485.
Also the best place to order it from please.

Many thanks
Charles

Hello Charles
This is a useful link:

https://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/gtl-exhaust-woes.7211/

The centre pipes are getting quite hard to find in this country, but this might be worth investigating:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacem...hash=item4667ee6cc6:m:mVpey73mfjmEWT8v0vd14Iw

A word of warning, though - it might be easier to replace the 'S' pipe, the long pipe and the silencer at the same time - using parts of the same make. Bosal are really good, but the problem will be in getting the long pipe - Misterauto don't seem to have them at the moment, although they have the S pipe and the silencer.

Some useful cross-reference info here:

https://www.oscaro.com/tuyau-dechappement-mts-01-41200-105201-17-p

don't forget that officially the later cars had the exhaust system running further inboard than original gtl this made car easier to lift on 2 post ramp
renault superceded old parts to later setup and discontinued old design
aftermarket gets very muddled with some using old pattern and some later
either setup works but parts don't mix and match
Mr auto have got stock if you pretend you are in France to order but won't ship long bits overseas exhaust for any cars

As you guys suggested, the centre pipe, part no. 7700757178, is proving exceptionally difficult to source without incurring an enormous delivery charge. Currently talking to JdeW's Netherlands contact as mentioned above. I'll keep you all posted with how I get on.

check link as may need to search online catalogue
screenshot attached

• Screenshot_2019-04-03-23-26-39.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-03-23-26-39.png
    341.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2019-04-03-23-26-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-03-23-26-01.png
    388.8 KB · Views: 13
Morning all, just for info I have just received the Bosal central exhaust pipe, part no. 7700757178, ordered from Winparts in the Netherlands, delivered by Fedex, for £24.42.
The whole process and customer service was exemplary.
Let's hope the bu**er fits now !

Well my mechanic has just called to say the exhaust doesn't fit (ffs) as suggested might happen by the helpful members above !
So he has repaired existing one which he says is a genuine Renault one.
If anyone would like my Bosal one, as above, for cost price (£25) then please get in touch.
I am a mile from J5 M3.

it will fit if you look at my pics above you have to fit the matching section before it too and then remount further in or out depending on what gets supplied

Ok thanks Paul, I think the best thing is if I bring it down to you to for a proper going over next time.
I am in North Hampshire so not to far away.
Best wishes
Charles

PS: At least it has a new MOT now !

Back