Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1985 GTL - Warwickshire

Severin45

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

This is a long overdue post but here it comes! I came here on the forum for the first time around November, as I was still looking for my project by then. A lot of hours spent looking for a 4 in the UK leading to nothing, I was on the verge of looking for it in France (not really an issue to find one, being French and knowing where to look for), and bring it back, with all the hassle involved (getting the paperwork done, go through customs, get a UK reg...).

And then here, @Tomcat posted about a GTL he had seen in the Warwickshire, less than 10 miles away from home! All that for a decent price. I went there, had a nice chat around the car with the owner, John, and it didn't take long before we made a deal.

Sometime in december, this happened :

SDC12621.JPG

So, yes, it isn't in great shape... but that's the point of a project, isn't it? it came driving in the garden, so mechanically it is still sound, and the interior is not too bad.

SDC12625.JPG
SDC12631.JPGSDC12632.JPGSDC12633.JPG

Underbody is quite rusty in some places:

SDC12626.JPG

But the worst is to come... When the body gets out of the way so we can have a better look.

It is, in fact, already done now, but most of the pictures are on my phone, need to do some uploading. I'll get to that in the next post. :)

Well done you found this R4 that close! :D I'm curious on your progress!

Good to see my initial 'recce' gave you something that was acceptable.
Always more pictures please.

Oh boy, how i addore that rusty bucket....please more pictures.....

I'm in the proces of rust removal too ,
So I'm always curious how the others are dooing :)

Hi everyone,

This is a long overdue post but here it comes! I came here on the forum for the first time around November, as I was still looking for my project by then. A lot of hours spent looking for a 4 in the UK leading to nothing, I was on the verge of looking for it in France (not really an issue to find one, being French and knowing where to look for), and bring it back, with all the hassle involved (getting the paperwork done, go through customs, get a UK reg...).

And then here, @Tomcat posted about a GTL he had seen in the Warwickshire, less than 10 miles away from home! All that for a decent price. I went there, had a nice chat around the car with the owner, John, and it didn't take long before we made a deal.

View attachment 22860

So, yes, it isn't in great shape... but that's the point of a project, isn't it? it came driving in the garden, so mechanically it is still sound, and the interior is not too bad.

View attachment 22861
View attachment 22863View attachment 22864View attachment 22866

View attachment 22865

But the worst is to come... When the body gets out of the way so we can have a better look.

It is, in fact, already done now, but most of the pictures are on my phone, need to do some uploading. I'll get to that in the next post. :)
Hi everyone,

View attachment 22860

View attachment 22861
View attachment 22863View attachment 22864View attachment 22866

View attachment 22865

Ooh how exciting! If you or @Tomcat see another one in Warwickshire, would you be kind enough to let me know, pretty please?
I used to see a pea green one around South Warwickshire, but haven’t seen her for a while...

Back