Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L International 2017

Looking on the bright side Reid, because of our insurance we now sleep in a comfy hotel bed, we had a super meal on Chartres, as saw a mind boggling light display against the medieval walls of the cathedral. Tomorrow brings new challenges.

Hi All, we have been asked to arrive at the restaurant tonight at 7pm, this is so they can cater for the large group. So meet in Carrefour carpark at 6.45pm, meet Thenay town Square at 6.15. See you later

Umm progress? After being told yesterday that a replacement distributor is a 'must', today we were told that the old mechanic would be working on it 'all day' and was 99% certain of correcting the fault. By 2pm we were told it was not solveable and a new distributor should arrive Monday(ish). So we now have an Opel Corsa hire car and am in a nice hotel near Thenay. The aggravation this has caused is infuriating. We now have no hope of driving to the World 2CV meeting in Portugal so have drastically altered our plans.
PS Chartres Cathedral is the most beautiful cathedral we've ever visited and the cleanest city. No litter, no dog muck and almost no traffic in the Old City.

Sorry to hear of your problems Paul
In better news it seems my good friend Simon sapsted has won the best modified R4 award
Having been involved throughout his gordini conversion and helping Simon with tricky bits I am pretty impressed by this too IMG-20170723-WA0009.jpg 20170605_114159.jpg

Lunch and evening meal in Montrichard yesterday, and a chateaux at Amboise and Tours today. Treading water as garage still awaits distributor which may arrive later today, tomorrow or sometime never. We'll return the Hertz hire car tomorrow to Chartres and wait there until she's ready. Rather tiresome especially this morning when a member of staff didn't even know that there was a red Quatrelle in the garage.

On the way home now after a great weekend meeting up with friends old and new. My co-pilot Matt had a brilliant time, and it's only a matter of time before he gets a Quatrelle. Overnighting at St Pol de Leon in Brittany before catching the ferry tomorrow. A bientot, Brian. DSC_0599.JPG DSC_0578.JPG DSC_0614.JPG DSC_0588.JPG DSC_0594.JPG

Nice to meet you and others again Brian. We take the hire car back to Chartres in the morning in the vain hope the garage have located a new distributor, and a correct one. And when I remember seeing all of those brand new ones at Thenay, it makes me weep. Why they couldn't just say "OK, you buy one and we'll fit it" I don't know. There is something I as a Brit find extremely frustrating about this laid back French attitude. Anyway a cracking last meal at our hotel tonight of rare duck ❤️

hope all of the Brit brigade got a safe drive home,we're in Bourges tonite where I try to wrestle a triporteur (glazier 3cycle) out of a Frenchmans
hands..I've loaded him with afair amount of half decent liquer and hope he's able to mark his X on the papers by the end of the night..Tried glass
beads to no effect-Are they getting slightly blazee here ?? Again-nice meeting you all-which some could of be considered half There :whistle::whistle:-Reid.

Good luck Paul, really hope you get the car sorted, and have a trouble free journey home. Reid and Brit, enjoy your holiday, and look out France, there's a Norwegian guy heading your way.:whistle:

My wife and l spent the Saturday at Thenay.
It was a fantastic event with hundreds of 4s of all styles and conditions. I have a special affinity with the fourgonette so I was very impressed with the Sinpar 4wd versions.
I took inspiration from the high quality of many of the cars there. I photographed many of them as well as the various parts suppliers.
I managed to find three forum members and had a good chat with them as well as the Dutch 4L supplier who by chance had a Dutch-Australian friend with him.
So, although I could have maybe done a little more mingling we walked away very pleased with our time there.

David

I hope you all get home safely (eventually, Paul!)

We have returned to Chartres and discovered our R4 is still not running although the new distributor arrived this morning. "No electricity " was the explanation. When shown the Melinda Retro Passion catalogue there was a shrug of the shoulders. No answer as to when she will be ready, que sera sera. We have returned the hire car and booked in for three nights in a hotel, and catching a train into Paris tomorrow. We are giving up on the holiday and the Bilbao ferry as we are spending money like water, and returning home when we can.

Righto, now I've had a French cider and time to download my photos lets have a few shall we?

First up, ex France Telecom fourgonnette. This could definitely come back to mine...
IMG_1097.JPG

Pickup with banded rear Fergats!
IMG_1112.JPG

Simons award winning R4. Deservedly so as it is lovely.
IMG_1170.JPG

High roofed F6 camper was nice.
IMG_1019.JPG

Seen this before but its really rather splendid isn't it.
P7230182.JPG

P7230284.JPG

Assistance! This would have been a welcome sight for some hereabouts...
P7230300.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

Love these scenes (tableau??? ) they build. This year there were even real, actual farm animals. Anyway, who wouldn't be happy with this at the bottom of the garden.
P7220115.JPG

As near as perfect as possible for me.
IMG_0986.JPG

I'll be banging a load of pictures up on my flickr in the next couple of days if you need to see many more. More on facebook shortly too :)

Great pictures David, I loved that ex Telecom fourgonnette, now that really is patina, lovely.
My pal Matt and I arrived back last night, at eleven after an uneventful run. He spent the time
on his phone checking out suitable 4s for sale, so watch this space, I think he caught the bug.
As for me, I'm very pleased with my purchase from snailshed, she did us proud. A bientot, Brian.

Back