Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

845cc - Which Radiator ?

Ray K

Enthusiast
Hi all

Following the overheating and subsequent explosion of the radiator on my F4(845cc, 1985) I have been looking for a replacement..

I have found some online which are the correct dimensions for the car (with direct drive fan, not electric). Only problem is there are 3 reference part numbers but no explanation of the difference between each..

There are options for the 1123cc (7701348916) which sounds best as it is sized for an 1100cc, so should have adequate capacity for an 845cc engine.
Then there is a 'safari-export' version (7700572645) and finally a 782cc (7701348271)

Can anyone advise as to the difference between these part numbers (or where i might find that info) and which one i should use for my van..

Merci bien

There are options for the 1123cc (7701348916) which sounds best as it is sized for an 1100cc, so should have adequate capacity for an 845cc engine.

Do not confuse the R1123 vehicle type with the engine capacity. It refers to a 845cc saloon body, so it's again the same radiator.

Basically all radiators should fit. There was the "standard" radiator, and one which was about 30 mm wider, and fitted to later models (late 70s onwards?). I have seen a 3-core radiator on an "african export" equipped R4, but can't decide if it is original or modified later. Some aftermarket radiators were of "modern" style, with plastic tanks (aviod these as they cannot be repaired).
Of all these, the 3-core is head and shoulders better...if you can find it, go for it!

Bon soir Ray K! gathering you have the R2106 you'r looking for part #
77 01 348 272 or alternatively 77 01 348 916 Both fits..
-R.

Salut mes amis and thank you for the great advice..I was not aware of the R1123 model number, assumed it was the engine cc..(thanks angel)

Reidalpine, yes you are right, I have the R2106 (at least thats whats on the carte gris-1985 F4, engine type B1B707)

Looks like the rads i found should be fine so hopefully i'll be back on the road soon.

Thanks for the help, bon weekend

Ray K. -If you still have problems re.overheating after installing new rad. Change the thermostat to one with lower temp. There are many avail. 79C/81C/83C/86C/89C and you might also pour in some waterwetter by Redline to increase coolants ability to 'soak up' high temp before boiling.-R.

hi,
thanks for the part numbers above.
So i snapped the plastic pipe bit at the bottom of the radiator onto which the pipe attached. Also a lot of the fine metal fins are badly rusted so I guess its time for a replacement. Its an 845cc r1123.
Can anyone recommend a make of radiator or are they much the same? I'll try the local motor factors as well as the renault dealer tomorrow for some prices.
ho humm
thanks
N

Back