Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clementine restores an Aston Martin

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Clementine's winter job is doing the chassis restoration on an Aston Martin V8:

mini-aston-front.jpg

It's a bit of a change from Renault 4s, but equally as nice. The car needs new sills and some chassis repairs, but otherwise is pretty good. See the progress on: http://www.aston-v8.co.uk/

I love Aston Martins. They are the only cars that even come close to an early 1970s Renault 4 with a front bench seat...

:clementi:

If I'm not mistaken, the front bench seat from an early R4 is an almost perfect fit in this model Aston Martin.

Of course, it was useless in the DB5 as James Bond found out when he pressed the eject button.

PPD

Thanks, I've been removing bits of interior this week (so that I don't set fire to them when I start welding). Aston Martin were a bit devious when fitting the interior - you need to remove half the dashboard to access the bit of trim covering the A-pillar. I'm thinking this was to make it difficult for the Russians to plant listening devices.

The interior has been coloured at some point with some of that horrible glossy interior trim paint. Does anyone know how to get that stuff off without damaging the leather?

Back