Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clips and petrol anyone?!

Tomi

Enthusiast
Hello all,
Thanks so much for all your help with my 1983-1984 Renault 5tl .... but I'm back with another question and a query... query first- does anyone know where I can source some clips that hold the metal trim on. I know there's at least two gone so wanting to replace them all on both sides (I figure it's better the metal stays on the car, not the road...) I've found the part number (I think!- thanks Andy!) but don't know how many it takes and where I can find some.
I'm also wondering whether the engine is okay on unleaded or if I need to be putting additive in it- assuming I can get it moving once it's off the stands!!!

Again thanks for all your help- I'd still be scatching my head if it wasn't for you guys!
IMG_0749.JPGIMG_0748-1.JPGIMG_0750-1.JPG

Hi Tomi, sorry I can't help with the clips, but for the record, your engine will run perfectly well on unleaded fuel, 95 octane is fine. It was designed to do so, and has hardened valve seats to combat the lack of lead in the fuel. The only additive I would suggest is one that has a small octane boost, which always helps, but more importantly one that has a constituent that tackles the problem of ethanol in modern fuels, which is not good for older designs of engines and fuel systems.
One I can recommend is Millers EPS ethanol protection. You can meter it in to your tank as you re-fill, as per the number of litres you are putting in.
Regards Brian.

No problem Tomi, happy to help. You might find those clips or something similar on the de Franzose website. B.

Those clips are not easy to find . If completely stuck automotive double sided foam sticky tape is brilliant and makes an excellent job

Thanks Jonathan, sounds like a plan!

Back