Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Dash it!

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Having already broken a rare '67 only translucent steering wheel (it's not beyond repair and I'm still going to use it), I've also managed to destroy a rare '67-'68 dash. The camera makes it grey but it had kept it's beige colour well.

mini-split-dash.jpg

I have no idea what happened. I had it hidden in the back of a spares car. It was in good condition when it went in but a couple of years later it is split. Should have kept it in my bedroom behind the body panels. :D

This week I've also had a crown fitted to a tooth (since fallen off), and damaged poor Ermintrude in a multi-story car park on the way back from the dentist.

But it's not all bad - Restoration has started up again. Hope to be finished in a few weeks prior to a trip to the French homeland.

Thats not good, were you going to use that in the restoration project?

I don't suppose there is a plastic repair company around that could sort it for you is there?

I did a quick google search and there's loads of plastic repairers in Bedfordshire.

Would be good if you can fix it. Enjoy your trip to France!

It was intended for the project. I'm in 2 minds whether to fit a black dashboard from a slightly later car. Or I have some biscuit coloured plastic paint so could potentially re-colour a black dash, but wouldn't want to get that wrong as that'll be my dash supply dried up.

I don't think plastic welding would look good. Some fibreglass on the back might work.

Since you have nothing to lose now, you can try repairing it. Painting the black dashboard looks far better than you would think...its's only a matter of taking the ashtray to your local paint suppliers, and ask them to make an exact match in semi-gloss paint. It does not need to be plastic paint, if you spray the dashboard with plastic primer first.

I agree with Angel, plastic primer then colour match, I have painted some plastics without problem
Allan

Back