Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Distributor vacuum advance unit - Ducellier or Magneti Marelli

AdamWilkes

Enthusiast
I have a 1108cc c1e 688 Cleon engine with a Magneti Marelli R335/D83 distributor (same as Ducellier R335/D83 I think). The vacuum advance unit has a leak and I am looking for a new one, but there are no part numbers on the vacuum advance. Has anyone an idea as to what to buy, suitable for this distributor? It feels like I have searched through every website in Europe !

Thanks Andy, unfortunately it looks older than mine and possibly soon to collapse as well!

I'm after a brand new vacuum advance unit ideally, and they are probably easy to get - but I have no idea what part number to purchase. Anybody have a part number for me, or a new one to buy?

Hi mojobaby - many thanks for that link and interesting video! Unfortunatley, https://elecancetres.com doesn't have a vacuum unit like mine - it has a plastic clip that pops onto a ball in the distributor. Picture of what looks similar to mine is below.vacuum unit R4.jpg

Hi again Andy - I think that you are correct; I am ordering one of the above, 71293702, also known as 071293702010. I also feel that it was fitted to the Super 5, and the vacuum unit matches a Super 5 for a 1.1 engine like mine.

I suspect that at least in some cases, a change in part number indictates what direction the vacuum tube points, so hopefully this one will work, since the orientation at least is correct! I have no idea if the diaphragm 'leverage', or the stroke travel vary between similar-looking models.........

Other part numbers for Magneti Marelli/Ducellier vacuum units that look as if they would also fit are called '71293702', but with the last number as a 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 instead, depending on variant.

Thanks for your help; I shall post again once my distributor is functioning properly again!

Back