Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Flipping bangers

Snoopy1974

Enthusiast
In France, for several months there is "Flipping bangers" on channel "RMC", tonight this is a (poor) Renault R5 TL which is "repaired" by the 2 guys, they met Derek who is called "the king of the R4 in England" :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I love this program even the job done is often "special", contrary to american programs, they make cheap repairs in just 5 days, tonight they are repairing holes in the R5 body with fiberglass and filler :vsad::vsad:

20190520_214008.jpg

20190520_214018.jpg

Mechanically they usually make good job, they removed the engine of the R5:

20190520_213917.jpg

The funniest thing in this program for me... I'm used to see awesome jobs on english cars programs, but in Flipping Bangers it's not exactly the same, fast job and often very questionnable result... :(:(

Oh god, thats the one with Lisa, my wife, selling them the car!
The car was quite good, but the engine was not completly happy.

I watched a later (or possibly earlier) program involving the purchase of a Skoda 105 (Estelle) from the same house as the Renault and indeed the little blue R5 was parked alongside but not a mention was made. Odd and slightly suspicious although I am enjoying the program quite a lot - beats Brewer!

Earlier episode with the Skoda. I sold them both, for the tv bit I am in the Skoda one and Lisa the R5. I thought it odd they didn't link the two particularly.
But remember its tv, not real life.
Particularly enjoyed the bit where they "bought" an interior for the 5 from France...

Earlier episode with the Skoda. I sold them both, for the tv bit I am in the Skoda one and Lisa the R5. I thought it odd they didn't link the two particularly.
But remember its tv, not real life.
Particularly enjoyed the bit where they "bought" an interior for the 5 from France...
Yes, TV not real life. I do voluntary work with the curatorial team in a local car museum and we recently hosted Car SOS and not much of the live filming and what the presenters actually said was what had happened; as per every episode I've seen, they made out it was a race to the wire but the car had been finished several days earlier using a lot of outside help and was covered with a sheet just out of camera shot in with the "live" audience. It's all a rather well worn illusion.

Just seen this thread, from the title I thought it was going to be barbecue-related :whistle:

Thanks for the link @Snoopy1974 I’ll look out for this programme -

Best wishes, Simon.

Back