Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Goodies have been delivered :)

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
I'm looking forward to throwing it on the car.

• IMG_20190322_191442442.jpg
    IMG_20190322_191442442.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 10
Mecaparts/autobleau. Just for fun :)

Looks really good! When are you thinking of fitting it? Would be great to know how difficult and what mods you need to make as I am interested in fitting same to my 4GTL. Mine has the 1100cc engine with standard Zenith carb so don't know whether or not it would work.

Looks really good! When are you thinking of fitting it? Would be great to know how difficult and what mods you need to make as I am interested in fitting same to my 4GTL. Mine has the 1100cc engine with standard Zenith carb so don't know whether or not it would work.

I’m about to install a Deauville manifold to a Cleon engine.
It won’t fit without some major modifications to the engine bay.

Your remark about the zenith 28IF
makes me think that it’s not worth the effort and money.

I think that at least a 32mm carb is worth the effort to get some more power out of a Cleon or a Ventoux for that matter.189E2075-A952-4F33-A2E9-E4C6D548F53F.jpeg

I'll keep my Zenith 32 and see if a larger jet is necessary. No other mods are planned :)
The carb already has acc. pump and is the largest standard carb. for the 845cc. As far as I know it also has larger valves as it is one of the last years with the small engine - they got alpine size valves.
I don't care about the sound, but I just hope to get it breathing better, and hopefully not ruin the economy :)

Back