Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gordini Dunlop alloy wheels wheel nuts

Gsouthee

Enthusiast
Hi any one know where I can source some Dunlop wheels nuts for the Dunlop alloys as fitted to Renault Gordini. The wheel I am looking is the 2nd one down.

13645157_1217665038244620_6751422825707333699_n (1).jpg

Hi Tomcat

Now that is the crux of the problem they do not have have a taper in the normal manner, they are sleeved nuts that sit in the hole and have a collar that sits round the edge of the hole. Like the image below. I just cant find any in the Renault thread which I believe is 10mm x1.25.

It has been suggested getting some machined up, or machining a taper into the wheels to suit Renault nuts.

Any views?
DSC00140.jpg

Hi there
OK see the problem. Looks like a 60 degree taper to start with then the sleeved section.
Yes, thread is M10 x 1.25.
Personally I would not interfere with the wheel itself. Sort out some nuts and modify those.
Is the nut you show the only one you have?

No that is just an image off of the web, I have no nuts (ooh err missius) wheel nuts that is. I am thinking of getting some long wheel nuts and see if I can get the machined to suit the sleeved section.

No that is just an image off of the web, I have no nuts (ooh err missius) wheel nuts that is. I am thinking of getting some long wheel nuts and see if I can get the machined to suit the sleeved section.
For information the 45 degree tapered nuts can be obtained from Melun Retro Passion at 60 euros for 12.
The M10 x 1.25 thread does not seem to be a readily available thread at all.

Sorry being a bit thick here, showing my age, but have you purchased wheels already or just planning on doing so?

No looking at purchasing them, as they are not as wide as other Gordin i wheel and don't want any fouling on the body work.

Noted.
I have Gordini wheels on my other F4 with 165x65 tyres and no fouling at all.

• DSC00582.JPG
    DSC00582.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00796.JPG
    DSC00796.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 1
That's a nice looking van.

Does the van have wider rear arches?

I was under the impression that the Gordini wheels in your first pics foul on the inner lip of the arch on a GTL.

I have seen some for sale but avoided them due to this. May have to reconsider.

Cheers Gary

Gary
As far as I am aware there is no difference between a GTL and F4 arches.
Which wheel is it you were looking at?
Regards Tom

• upload_2018-3-8_18-21-9.png
    upload_2018-3-8_18-21-9.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 4
I have 5 of the Renault 5 Alpine 1978-1981 type unused in the garage.

Yes they are the ones, 78-81 style with the 3 slots. I could be interested. PM me price if you are looking at moving them on.

Back