Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Here's Harvey!

Harvey looks unmolested but it's going to have me fiddling with it ;)

Well I’ve been slowly working my way around Harvey, it now has an mot, and I’m running it round locally to get it used to being run again after years off the road.

Well done Pepper! What a huge difference:) Dogs look pretty happy too!

The chrome piece around your rear number plate is the finishing touch

The moustache, came with the car, somewhere down the line it’s picked up a lot of nice bits, like the rear windows that open.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it’s actually very scruffy, which is how I like my cars, otherwise I’d never use them.

But as dog transport with its super heater I can’t wait till winter again.

Quite agree pepper, scruffy is good, otherwise we can be too precious about the paintwork etc. I'm not scared to drive mine in the rain or park her in Sainsburys car park. The 4 was designed as an everyday car. The moustache looks great.
Cheers Brian. image.jpg

Well had a bit of an issue with Harvey this week, came home with Judith and it started spluttering and misfiring, my immediate thought was fuel, as the tank is a little grungy so whipped the carb top off cleaned all the jets and orifices to no avail, still not right. Checked ignition, points seemed clean. But tidied them up and gapped them, better but still not right, so swapped coil for a spare, no difference. So swapped complete distributor as I didn’t have a spare set of points and the dizzies are different. Wallah back as smooth as a button. Driving beautifully again.

I should be ready now for the drive up to Derby with the Renault owners club on Sunday.

She's brilliant, only just learning her trade and I didn't want/need restoration standard metalworking I wanted it solid and fixed properly.

Would have cost me twice as much if I wanted it putting back as Renault intended.

She's going to do the other side in a couple of weeks as she's got a Jaguar XJ6 to work on next week.

She's called Ella and works at a mainly VW restorers in Bishops Itchington, other side of Southam.

It's my friends company, he has had her working there for a couple of years.

Well we're onto the next stage, doing the nearside left hand side.
Not quite as bad as the other side and we have a new old stock genuine wing to help align things better than the tatty second hand one I had for the other side.

IMG-20230405-WA0001.jpg IMG-20230405-WA0003.jpg IMG-20230405-WA0002.jpg IMG-20230405-WA0004.jpg IMG-20230405-WA0005.jpg IMG-20230405-WA0006.jpg

Back