Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Instrument cluster bulbs

Kermit4

Enthusiast
I have to replace the instrument cluster on 1987 R4. I have obtained a used replacement but the unit has no bulbs. Not a problem as I can use the ones from the old unit EXCEPT I know one of the illumination bulbs (not the warning lights) does not work. Quick question - are the bulbs specific to the Renault 4 or is it possible to fit after market bulbs. If it is the latter I can wait until I remove the current unit and buy a new bulb but if I need a specific part has anybody any ideas for obtaining same.
Many thanks in advance. Ian

you can use aftermarked ones No probl. You can also replace with same socle Leds which use No power and gives brighter lights..-Reid.

The bulbs are standard for instruments lighting.
I wouldn't go for the LED lights, I tried and found them too much bright driving in the night.

Many thanks and cheers for the LED warning as I probably would have gone down that route.

I actually prefer the led bulb for the indicator warning as it makes it visible whereas i was constantly leaving it on if it was a bright day, the sound of my indicator relay being a bit feeble or maybe my hearing is not as acute as it used to be

Many thanks for all the replies. This Forum is excellent for people helping out. Sadly most of the Ebay links state sale has ended but at least I know what I am looking for now! Cheers Ia

Back