Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Just a quick engine swap?

As you can probably tell Richard, I do enjoy doing upgrades and the odd mod or two. I've also fitted electronic ignition and a stainless steel exhaust system. The bigger 32mm carb is a worthwhile mod as it definitely gives the engine a bit more go, if you know what I mean.

As you can probably tell Richard, I do enjoy doing upgrades and the odd mod or two. I've also fitted electronic ignition and a stainless steel exhaust system. The bigger 32mm carb is a worthwhile mod as it definitely gives the engine a bit more go, if you know what I mean.
Hello Brian, can I ask if you modded the 32mm carb at all please? Regards Tom

Hello Tom. No I've not done any mods to the carb, I just cleaned and rebuilt it, kits are available, and replaced the emissions hoses and restrictor jet.
Regards Brian.

Hello Tom. No I've not done any mods to the carb, I just cleaned and rebuilt it, kits are available, and replaced the emissions hoses and restrictor jet.
Regards Brian.
Thanks Brian.

I took the car on a long run yesterday to the Great Western Classic Classic Car Show at Shepton Mallet, a nice 350mile round trip. The weather was atrocious but never mind, it was a good day out. The 4 as usual created a lot of interest, and of course it was the only one there, and now that I've done 1000miles since the engine overhaul, I'm happy to say that all seems good, and my efforts were worthwhile. The classic car park was well filled, the Mk5 Jag in the auction was drop-dead gorgeous, and the Citroen H type van was very nice.20190209_124358.jpg20190209_124511.jpg20190209_142834.jpg20190209_150836.jpg

Back