Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Marigold having a new clutch.

We're not in the seventies now you know?

Lower is better in da modern world. well at least optimum suspension travel anyway!

I never thought marogold looked particularly low on the back end, you should see BB when I load her up with tractor parts, she is low low low then but still doesn't bottom out, the suspension system is amazing.

Hi Richard, I think what it is, the front end was so low that now its been raised it makes the back look low. In fact side on the car looks level, with the sill parallel with the road. Methinks I will leave well alone and just replace the shockers. Renault4mad is sourcing some gas-shocks for me.

Update on Marigolds suspension. Renault4mad sourced some KYT gas-shocks from our local motor-factors, just shy of £90 the pair, so good price I reckon, and they have improved the ride I think. We have just lowered the front end as after Andrew raised it by just one spline, not two as I had previously said, the front was higher than the back, and just didn't look right, so Marigold is back to as she was before. One spline on the torsion-bar made the car sit atleast 3 1/2 inches (85mm) higher.
Sorry for rabbiting on about this, probably boring you all to tears by now.:(

Back