Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My R4

Thanks guys, I am using galvanized spray paint for the time being, until I get the chassis finished, so no rust comes back in the mean time.... Regarding the front torsion bars no I didn't dare remove them.... Lol

I bought a mig, no gas, and I must admit, it's quite a good little rig...

I bought a flux welder and I was surprised by the results, since on the Web and from professionists I only had negative words on them... but I plan to buy a kit and convert it to a mig standard, for thin metal sheets should be better and result in a cleaner weld.

I got the last bits and bobs welded up yesterday, at last.... I will hopefully get a coat of paint on her today..

OK, the first coat of anti rust is now done... At last I can see things changing now....

Regarding the paint, it's a mat black with harder, do you think I should put a coat of varnish on afterwards, or is that ott?

Mmm... still not took full possess of mine, just prepared for the italian "mot" and waiting to bring her home, but never noticed the tool compartment... need to investigate.

I think all f4 have the tool compartment, but it is only held in by a few screws...

Hi all,
A little update... I have moved on to the motor now.
In the beginning I wasn't going to do much at all, but in the end I decided to replace quite a few parts whilst the motor was out of the car... " clutch, head gasket, re-seat the valves, new water pump, fuel pump, oil seals.. .."

Do not move that cylinder block until you secure cylinder liners in place.
If cylinder liner move just a bit you can get mixture of oil and water in your engine once you finish it and start to drive

Do not move that cylinder block until you secure cylinder liners in place.
If cylinder liner move just a bit you can get mixture of oil and water in your engine once you finish it and start to drive

Thanks for the advice, I have secured them, but after the photo ☺

Back