Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My R4

Alright then... thought it would not mind to mention :waving:

Hi all, still working on the engine, but I have now decided to go for a complet rebuild. It's going to take longer and more money, but in the end, she will be like new...

A few photos during the strip down :

Hi all, just finished the head, all cleaned and tested. New seals, valves lapped...

Looking very professional indeed. If everything to this standard you will have an excellent vehicle at the end.:)

Thanks Tom cat, I hopefully will get the Motor back together soon, I am waiting for all the other engine parts to arrive....

Wednesday lunchtime will be heading from Cherbourg to Le Mans. Used to be 12 -18 of us but with passage of time we are down to only 3.
Staying at "logisdeverdelle.site.voila.fr" at Noyen sur Sarthe. Recommended if one is in the area.
I dare not look at LeBonCoin in case I see something!!!!!! I am only a passenger in the car.

From 18 to 3.... I am working Wednesday, when do you go back.? There are à few nice ones on leboncoin....

From 18 to 3.... I am working Wednesday, when do you go back.? There are à few nice ones on leboncoin....
Hi
Yes have been looking at Leboncoin. Would have an interesting time with a transporter I think.
We are returning to Cherbourg on Monday afternoon on what has been a tight schedule in the past. Sadly no time to visit.
Maybe another time.
Regards
Tom

Looks good have you got much to do on the body work as looks like you could win the competition to get a working vehicle
I've got an engine that last ran 20 years ago and a 5 speed box that I know nothing about to fit no rebuild going on for me unless disaster strikes fingers crossed ☺

Hi, the body needs quite à bit of work too... Not much rust, but a few dents, and also a complet respray...

I wasnt going to rebuild the engine, but I wasnt a 100% sure about the bottom cylinder seals. Once the cylindres out, it seemed à shame not to do the rest...

I have started working on the body at last....After having removed all the old filler, I spent hours and hours hammering out all the bumps!
With à bit of filler, sanding and under coat, she allready looks much better...

Magnificent work!!!! Liking your red rocker box cover... I did the same. I'm at a similar stage. Chassis and engine done but one load of bodywork still in progress good to see what you are all up to keeps us going

Hi all, just to keep you lot up to date.
I got the under coat on today. Will sand it tomorrow, and hopefully paint it on tuesday....

All done, im pretty happy with the result.
Must get all the doors and wings done now..
I want to get the body back on the châssis first though, as I need the space.

That looks wonderful. It is great to see Renault 4s being restored to this standard. Especially the F4 La Poste vans (those are my favourite).

Back