Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Pedal Suport and Pring Change

Ricardo Almeida

Enthusiast
Hi, guys!

My name is Ricardo Almeida and I'm from Portugal.

I bought a Renault 4L 1125s (1973) last February and I'm in the process of repairing it.

It so happens that my clutch pedal's spring is broken and I need to replace it. I dismantled the hole thing, including the wall plaque where the pedal support, plus the master brake cylinder, are bolted to but I've come to a stop!

After dismantling the clutch pedal, I cant seem to figure out how to dismantle the brake pedal structure, where the clutch and brake springs go.

Can anyone help me?

The clutch pedal bush / brake pedal pin holds the rest of the assembly on the pedal bracket and it has to be pressed out. It's not an "official" procedure, the bracket, brake pedal and both springs were sold as an assembly when something would need replacement. Better leave it as it is live with this, unless you have access to an hydraulic press.

Hi, Angel!

I thought it could be simpler... and that I was simply missing something .

I do have a friend that is a professional mechanic, so I guess I'll bother him. He has an hydraulic press.

By the way, the steel housing to witch the pedal structure and master brake cylinder are attached to is beyond repair. Do you know where I can buy this particular item?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some pics of the mentioned items...

• Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (1).jpg
    Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (1).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (2).jpg
    Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (2).jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (3).jpg
    Pedaleira R4LC 1973 (3).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1
If you are in real need, i have some spares
IMG_20190707_192938.jpgIMG_20190707_192954.jpg
Cheers

Hi, Jurjenz!

I'll keep that in mind. But I would really hate mess up parts... What I mean is that the parts you have aren't period correct.

I'll keep looking. If my search reveals a failure, I'll give you a word, ok?

Thanks for your support.

It's very common for the pedal bracket mounting to fail like this on high mileage cars.

The part Jurgenz has is late pattern, and will not fit on your bulkhead.

Hi, guys!

Drop in just to say that I managed to buy a second hand part from a car parts dealer here in Portugal, in poor status but, never the less, better than my own. Expensive, though - 150€, with a good clean over and paint job to be done...

Waiting for delivery. So it seams I'm on the clear, as far as dodging this "bullet".

Thanks to all of you for you support,

Yours truly,
Ricardo Almeida

Back