Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Gathering - 28th May 2006

Liam4R4SPARES

Enthusiast
The Renault owners club have a run occuring on Sunday 28th May 2006,with an emphasis on 45 years of the R4,though all Renaults welcome.Start point at coast bound services on M2 (between J4&5)at 11am. we will be taking a touristic route across the Weald of Kent .
Derek Flavell of Renospeed fame is coordinating the R4 effort for the Renault owners club and i am going to try to muster up some members
from the Renault Classic car club but anyone is welcome to turn up [apart from Frederick the frog] to have a chat , maybee swop some spares and just meet other like minded individuals.
Derek can be contacted on
07816 586642, or work on 020 8694 1435 and i am best contacted via e-mail louise.riging@btopenworld.com or telephone on 01491 411564 [evenings]

Please note any R4 is welcome from a polished up show winner to a faithful battle scarred everyday hack .

That sounds like a very good idea. It's in my diary. What's the schedule for the day?

Not exactly sure myself at the minute but i think things will get organised in the next few weeks but if anyone has any suggestions ? please say and i will forward them to Derek .
I have suggested a lunch with Fredderick legs for starters and Clementine cooked with all traditional veg and maybee a splinking of Rosemary or herb de Provence to add that french twist.

I'll put a note on the homepage and see who we can find with a R4 in the UK.

Won't do any good eating just Clementine and Frederick. We've also taken on Cuthbert the Camel - the R4 cooling expert, and Perciville the Penguin who might one day finish the winter tips page.

animals_337.jpg

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/files/animals_337.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Malcolm,

When we met up last year for lunch I can't remember if I said I was an ex mental health social worker. If you need any help/counselling or advice you know where to find me :wink: :wink: :wink:

I suspect that you have furrytoyitis, but it is treatable :)

Steve

I suspect that you have furrytoyitis, but it is treatable

Furry toys? Steve, how many furry toys do you know that can do an oil change like Frederick the Frog? Or tell us anything about Winter maintenance like Percy the Penguin? Clementine will spit to hear you call the Renault 4 Garage folk just furry toys!

Count me and my renault 4 in! sounds like fun, providing the cars all sorted by then which she will be!!

Those wishing to enter in the spirit of things French style can join in a ' guess the average combined mileage ' of all the R4s that turn up on the day and MAKE the finish .The fee per person to enter your guess is a bottle of wine and the person closest to the correct average mileage wins all the bottles.Furry animals are welcome to try their luck.
Cars in kilometre's are calculated at 1 mile =1.6 kilometres.

Clementine said:
I'll put a note on the homepage and see who we can find with a R4 in the UK.

Won't do any good eating just Clementine and Frederick. We've also taken on Cuthbert the Camel - the R4 cooling expert, and Perciville the Penguin who might one day finish the winter tips page.

animals_337.jpg

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/files/animals_337.jpg

do the camel and penguin work together on the cooling?
the camel should know about heating and the penguin about cold??
:)

The competition heats up (or cools down)

Liam4R4SPARES said:
Those wishing to enter in the spirit of things French style can join in a ' guess the average combined mileage ' of all the R4s that turn up on the day and MAKE the finish.

Will this be the starting mileage or the finishing? As he is still on standby for the snowy weather Percy the Penguin is keeping himself occupied by devising a computer program to win the competition. Not that he's so fond of wine as he likes to drink Snowballs.

This will be the finishing miles as i have mentioned the vehicles that ' MAKE the finish ' . That Penguin has some stiff competition as i have not had a drink since new years eve and the thought of winning a few bottles of French vino is very appealing .I have contact Cambridge and Oxford university and have had a huge amount of interest [mention alcohol to any student and you get their attention immediately ] and they have devised a formula that cannot fail .

N.B all those entering the competion are advised to cover there speedo reading prior to the start due to a very crafty frog [name not mentioned for legal reasons].

The gathering is only a couple of weeks away now. I'd been undecided whether to come along as it's in such a daft part of the country, but have decided to make the effort. After all it's probably the first ever UK Renault 4 get together.

Who else is planning to join in?

PS: Has anyone seen the first Highlander film? The "gathering" they had in the film looked like a lot of fun, so looking forward to the R4 version.

I am....

I am in my newly 'appointed' French racing green R4 - I am going to load the boot up with lots of 'give away' bits but dont hold your breath anyone, they are my castoffs!! I am also inviting Jeremy Clarkson to come along and to bring his cameras as well - Wouldnt it be fun to get on Top Gear!!

See you all there - Ian S

• CIMG5294.JPG
    CIMG5294.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 117
I am definately going to be there !
I am useless with names and faces but can normally remember people by their cars or by what i have sold them !
For example nice bloke who turned up in a old Citroen BX [name ?] so immediate apologies to everyone .If anyone needs spares brought down just say and i will check the stock .

I'd love to be there but committments elsewhere, and distance from Kent prevents it. When the next one happens, I hope to be there! In the mean time, make sure you all post plenty of photos for the rest of us to see. Adrian

I still intend to come with my silver / grey (Aka - Polly-The little grey rain cloud) renault 4! but is it mad to come all the way from Taunton, Somerset?? Im in two minds at the moment! Im sure it will be worth it!!

When you live on a small island like England anything over 100 miles seems way too far ! seriously do not let a few hours in a car put you off .

True, Im in then!! Would feel a lot further away in a normal boring car but any drives an adventure in a Renault 4!! See you all there then!

Back