Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 versus RR

Mike from Spain

Enthusiast
Well, my Rangies now running beautifully on lpg which makes it fuel wise, probably, slightly cheaper to run than the R4!!

I just don't know what to do. Talk about "from the sublime to the rediculous!" I get into the leather clad, automatic luxury of the Rangerover and think wow, what a machine. Then I hop into the spartan, practical R4 and think the same! What to do! I'll probably end up keeping both!

It's always worth having a couple of cars for when one of them doesn't work. Mind you I have 3 cars and none of them worked last week so maybe there is a flaw in my plan :D

The big advantage of the Renault 4 in my eyes is the giggle factor. I find the cars hilarious to drive. I don't know what it is. The rattles would annoy me in any other car, but I just find them amusing in the 4. I think they try very hard to be proper cars but don't really get all the way there. There is something endearing in that - kind of like a faithful dog that just occasionally forgets itself and nicks your pain o'chocolat off the table while you aren't looking.

I'm actually Renault 4 less at the moment. My mother has stolen my R4 and won't let me have it back until I've welded her extremely rotten camper van.

Back