Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4TL fuses

bantamallan

Enthusiast
I have just bought a 78 4TL but no handbook for it yet, which fuse does what and what rating are they, if anyone has a handbook to spare I would be grateful
thanks
Allan

Hi Allan,

I may have a TL handbook somewhere; if so I will find you the details.

The fuses may be similar to the later GTL fuses

There is no relevant notice about the fuse box in the Haynes Owners Manual 1961-79. The German literature mentions the latest fuse box type under dashboard only. If you have the four fuses box beside the voltage regulator, so I can trace up from the electrical scheme:
1. flasher unit
2. stop lights
3. wiper switch
4. front and rear harness junction block (lights and rear screen)
There is no notice about the fuses value.

Regards Pavel :)

Thanks for the replies I have 5 fuses in the box my GTL has 8 so can not compare directly. I know no 4 is indicators and something else and 5 is LH side lights any help welcome
thanks
Allan

Hi again, I can't find my old manual (early 1970s), must have misplaced it when moving house. Hopefully someone else will be able to help. I'll keep looking though!

Hi Allan
The fusebox in the 78 handbook I have has 4 fuses. When viewed from the front of the car, they are (from left to right):

1. 8A Interior light
2. 8A Instruments and stoplights
3. 8A Wipers
4. 5A Flasher unit

Hope this helps!

Please can you help me I have renault 4 tl special I have to replace fuses do you have an diagram of them it has 6 fuses

Counting from the left, when viewing the fusebox from the front of the car:

1: Left side side lights - 5A
2: Right side side lights, instrument panel lighting - 5A
3: Wipers - 8A
4: Interior lamp - 8A
5: Brake lights, instruments, heater - 16A
6: Indicators - 5A

It's not unusual to find small differences in the circuits protected, especially if the car has been tinkered over the years.

Back