Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 TX Value?

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I've not been using the TX (rebuilt in https://www.renault4.co.uk/r5-restoration.htm ) Also cash isn't really flooding in this year.

I had a quick look at the internet. MK1 prices seem insane at the moment and would seem to pitch this one around £8K. I would be up for that.

Anyone following any closer? Is anything moving at that sort of money?

5tx.jpg

It sounds fair. I have been surprised how values seem to have been firm this year. That's a completely unscientific personal view I'm afraid, so probably not much use and I don't have any inside trade knowledge, just lots of internet surfing. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and sell something of value, or rob a bank; I have always had a soft spot for that TX of yours...

As seen on various sites a 1983 R5 TX can vary anywhere between 5.5000 and 8000 euro's, but I'm absolutely not a trade person.
I think it all depends on the state of the car and what a buyer has in mind to pay for a good oldtimer.
I see for many years that the old Renault models R4, R5, R6, R8 etc. are climbing in value depending on age, condition and most important original state.

A real R5 mk1 from 1972-1973 is rarer and more valuable.
1280x960.jpg

Nice to see it looking so lovely still Malcolm!
My recent experience of down sizeing is that there are a lot of idiots out there and a lot of very over inflated cars for sale. But auction results are still very strong.
What do I know, I sold my Ami 6 saloon, always the most valuable model, and then a really tatty estate sold at Anglia car auctions for twice as much.
Try them they always get top money for French stuff....

a really tatty estate sold at Anglia car auctions for twice as much.
Try them they always get top money for French stuff....
That's an idea. I'll look into that and maybe punt one across and see what happens.
Most of my cars haven't turned a wheel for a couple of years. A lot of batteries have gone flat. eBay is always a pain so maybe auction is the way forward. Prices there seem sensible for good stuff and really high for knackered stuff. Wondering how a R4 Gordini would fare.

I don't see £8k as being at all unrealistic for it tbh. Mk1 R5 values have gone silly, TXs are a very rare thing these days and yours has to be one of the best about so it doesn't sound silly at all.

Worth talking to ACA and also TheMarket as well.

Hi Malcolm
I’ll be really interested to see what you sell the TX for. I’m thinking of selling my MK 1 GTL. She is a lovely original car, but I just don’t use her enough. Haven’t a clue what she is worth. Lower than yours, as she is not as exotic.
Good luck!
Chris
p.s. I still have your old wheels, which I need to return. Sorry for not doing that yet.

These two are up for sale on the Renault Classic car club facebook page, 11k and 5k...

• FB_IMG_1598956129011.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598956129011.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks - can't see the original advert but then I'm not very good at Facebook. It would be good to know what happens with that one. Mine is certainly less famous.

I'll get the R5 all finished for the start of next year and will go for Anglia Car Auctions. It's rust free after the restoration so I just need to sort the headlining.

Going to put the Gordini R4 in too. It's perfect. The anti-rust stuff has worked really well. Hopefully more than 10K. MGA should fetch nearly 20K. They should get the house finished between them. Keeping the F4 van and the Rodeo unless anyone wants a Rodeo. Definitely keeping the van.

Back