Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Breaking - All parts now sold

Sorry Steve, my car has exactly the same issue and I'm keeping the indictator stalk to change them over myself.

Righty I've finally managed to get out and start finishing stripping this car of any remaining useful parts then its off to the scrapyard.

I still have front hubs with disc brakes, fuel tank, and a few other bits and pieces, give me a shout if you need anything.

Things that have gone are the doors, front and rear ends were smashed in the accident so are useless, I still have I think a full brown tartan interior, available too.

Shout up if you need anything, as its going to the scrapyard next Saturday, (I know the week after I will need something off it but that will be sods law at work!!!)

Hi Pepper
Would be interested in the brown tartan front seats if they're in good condition. Do you happen to have any good GTL bumpers as well?

Will check the seats for you tomorrow, and no bumpers I'm afraid the car was the middle of an accident sandwich!

..Peppers fishing story

In a recent thread I asked Pepper to tell us his fab hunting and shooting story, but he tells me this shunting and hooting story is much more exciting:

An American investment banker on holiday in the UK was visiting one of the most beautiful English village - Farnborough in Oxfordshire.

In the village square a man was defeathering a couple of pheasants in the garden of The Inn - an award winning gastro pub. Next to the man was a basket full of plump pheasants. The American complimented the man (Pepper) on the quality of his pheasants and asked how long it took to shoot them.

Pepper replied, "only a little while."

The American then asked why didn’t he stay out shooting longer and shoot more pheasants?

Pepper said all he needed was enough pheasants to feed and support his family’s immediate needs.

The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?"

Pepper said, "I sleep late, shoot a little if Lord Stanbury allows me, play with my children, have an afternoon nap with my wife Judith, stroll into the village each evening where I sip locally made beer at The Inn, play bar billards, darts and bowls and play my version of Stairway to Heaven on my acoustic guitar with my village chums. I have a full and busy life."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you.

If you spend more time shooting pheasants, with the proceeds, you could buy Lord Stanburys Estate.

With the proceeds from pheasant shooting on the Estate, you could buy several local Estates and eventually you would own the whole of Oxfordshire.

Instead of selling your pheasants to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own pheasant processing factory.

You would control the production, processing and distribution of pheasants.

Soon you will need to leave Farnborough and move to Banbury then Oxford and then eventually to big offices in Canary Wharf in the City of London, where you will run your expanding pheasant enterprise."

Pepper asked "But, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15 - 20 years."

"But what then?" asked Pepper.

The American laughed and said, "That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an initial public offering of shares and sell your Pheasant processing company stock to the public and become very very rich - you would make millions!"

"Millions - then what?" asked Pepper

The American said, "Then you would retire. You could then move to a small lovely village in Oxfordshire like Farnborough where you could would sleep late, shoot a little, play with your kids, have an afternoon nap with your wife Judith, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip locally made beer at The Inn, play bar billards, darts and bowls and play your own version of Stairway to Heaven on your guitar with your village chums." You could have a fully and busy life.

"Sounds like a good idea" said Pepper "but Lord Stanbury has always told me ...Poli, poli, di umbuendo"

I havent got a clue what he means but it sounds like good advice to me..

• zcv.jpg
    zcv.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 113
Morning everyone,

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son
I'm only plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant plucker comes.

Me husband is a keeper, he's a very busy man
I try to understand him and I help him all I can,
But sometimes in an evening I feel a trifle dim
All alone, I'm plucking pheasants, when I'd rather pluck with him.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's mate
I'm only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late !

I'm not good at plucking pheasants, at pheasant plucking I get stuck
Though some pheasants find it pleasant I'd rather pluck a duck.
Oh plucking geese is gorgeous, I can pluck a goose with ease
But pheasant plucking's torture because they haven't any grease.

Best said after a few drinks down at Ian's latest favourite pub!

Hal7600 I will send you a personal message with my phone number on it so we can discuss them

regards

Richard

Sorry no. car was in an accident and the inner wings were crushed.

Sorry all gone now, price of scrap was too good to miss.

R4 gtl headlight holder

Hi
Just seen your thread. Do you have any headlight holders for a R4 gtl. The parts I need attach to the bonnet and hold the headlights in place. Both of mine have rusted away completely! Thanks
Owen

Sorry Car has been crushed I didn't have a bonnet anyway it had been lost in the crash!

Please refer to my Post just above yours...

Its been crushed, its gone to Renault 4 heaven, it is no longer with us, it has passed away, it is a memory in the minds of those who knew her.

Back