Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Super

Hi Ian
I have picked up the wheel today, looks right to me but will post a picture just to make sure when I can.
Thanks
Stuart

Hi Ian
I have picked up the wheel today, looks right to me but will post a picture just to make sure when I can.
Thanks
Stuart
Thanks Stuart. Just a thought, but do you have a stainless sill trim for the near side?
Happy New Year
Ian

Looks just the job Stuart. Can you let me have a contact number and I can sort my daughter to pay you and collect it.
Many thanks
Ian

This is Henry's worse side. I've done some welding on the tailgate and had a new sliding window channel fabricated by a local engineering company. Mostly busy trying to get the indicators and lights sorted, but I'm not good with electrics. I've made the decision to have him re-sprayed externally only and try and get all new door and window rubbers. I don't want a full resto, but want him to look lovely. The interior is patched but has a lovely patina so that will stay.

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 5
"Ive made the decision to have HIM resprayed"? Him? Surely your R4 is feminine, eh? My 'Renée' is.

Our (my wife's, actually) GTL is male.

I think the squarer grille and nudge bars make GTLs look masculine. But I think the original R4s from the 1960s look more feminine. Not sure whether the 1970s grille makes those R4s look masculine or feminine though...

Ian I love your car. I gather a matting agent can be added to paint that will give it a bit of old charm and reduce the new effect.
Reading with interest!

I'd like to think Henry could manage the race. Amazing. The chap who will paint him will be mimicking the original lack of a gloss finish.

My darling Quatrelle has literally just come from its CT/MOT here in France. We expected a failure and were worried about possibilities. To our absolute delight, it failed on only three realtively minor points - two of which we knew would fail it, a headlight bulb & a wing/door mirror. The other is only a track-rod. Easy to get the parts here in France. We have 2 months to deal with these issues and we then have a fresh CT/MOT. We will then change it to a collectors car category here which means testing is only needed every 5 years; the MOT station guy actually recommended we do this.) Just had to share cos I'm genuinely delighted!

Great news Iain!
Thanks, jjad! It is indeed great news......Morag lives to roll again......From what I can see, the part will cost something under 20 Euros. I already have the yellow bulbs/ spare sets of headlights etc. But will have look at local scrappy for a mirror, I guess.

I've never seen a 4 with a rear window like that. Was that a really special option?

I've never seen a 4 with a rear window like that. Was that a really special option?
Apparently Renault only made about 2600 of them in 1962-3. As they were heavier because of the tailgate set-up and rear window mech etc, they gave it the 845cc hotted up engine with 37bhp. Given the lack of early models of any kind, there will be very few left at all. It also got a front bench seat, opening rear quarter Windows and a folding back seat.

Back