Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4s for 'Classic & Sportscar'

hancock

Enthusiast
Hello

'Classic & Sportscar' is musing over a feature that would include the full spectrum of UK-based 4's - from the GTL to the Van and from the Plein Air to the Rodeo. Renault GB have very kindly offered their 1962 RHD R4 to take part and I am now especially looking for Series 2 and Series 3 models

Many Thanks

Andrew Roberts

07570-580209

Hi Andrew,
interested to know about Renault uks 1962 4 they have. I sold my 1962 believed to be the earliest RHD in the uk and have as other forum members will know i have been trying to find the werabouts of it..(reg number 585epx)
Sold it in 2005 to a chap in salisbury but not seen since...:(

also would the mag be interested in a pickup....(depending when the shoot is that is)

cheers for now

Andrew

Yes some dates please and do you have a website for it?

We could turn it into an R4 forum do, like a petit Thenay ???

P.s Andrew is this the mysterious pickup that made its way over from Manche????

Hi Mike....
no its not that one....do we still not know who bought it?

My cars not good enough to be used as an example in a magazine. So please don't think we're not looking and being rude. It's just that a lot of cars my be like mine, just run of the mill every day cars which aren't the ones I imagine Classic and Sportscar would have gracing their magazine pages.

There was a feature on R4s in the Daily Telegraph last Saturday (Motoring supplement). It describes R4s as "virtually forgotten" in the UK. Can't do any harm for the collectors' value of those which are left . . . .

Hi there, I texted the chap from C&SC last night and he phoned straight back, we chatted for an hour. He is very keen to get a good selection of 4s for the article, so why not give him a call. He did say the shoot would probably be around April. As for where, I think it depends a little on where the cars are coming from.

Hi Andrew,
interested to know about Renault uks 1962 4 they have. I sold my 1962 believed to be the earliest RHD in the uk and have as other forum members will know i have been trying to find the werabouts of it..(reg number 585epx)
Sold it in 2005 to a chap in salisbury but not seen since...:(

The vehicle details for 585 EPX are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2007
Date of First Registration 15 02 1990
Year of Manufacture 1962
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 747CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Export
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval

Hi Rich,
done that already....its the export bit that scares me?:mad:

cheers

There was a feature on R4s in the Daily Telegraph last Saturday (Motoring supplement). It describes R4s as "virtually forgotten" in the UK. Can't do any harm for the collectors' value of those which are left . . . .

I have that here now, its fantasitc and i feel like taking one of my 4's to monte carlo, Ian i feel another road trip coming on, add it to the list. lol

Can anyone scan the Daily Telegraph artical from Saturday 13/2 for us? I missed it - and the recyling man has been :(

Telegraph 4L article.

Hope the 'Telegraph' piece went well - if anyone dislikes it, my name is Lord Lucan
Great article Andrew, the 4L is a very special car, and I enjoyed your very informative piece. Regards Brian.:cool:

dont have items like that in my red top paper...:p luckily one of my customers dropped in his copy today plus last weeks classic car weekly which had a piece in aswell plus pictures from retro..

good paper that...

Got the magazine in the post yesterday, so in the shops about now too. Theres a good one page column by one of the writers (Martin Buckley) near the front aswell as the main article. Nice to read.

According to the stats a GTL's top speed is a mere 71mph.....

Back