Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4s for 'Classic & Sportscar'

Hi, Can you confirm the Magazine title and Month? Andrew Roberts (journalist) suggested it would appear later in the month.

Cheers.

Thanks Lobster

Picked up my copy today - it's a great article. Despite the fact that after 50 years everything that could have been written has been, this found a refreshing new angle.

May I confirm that you and Andrew Roberts are one and the same?

Note to forum - you will easily find a copy in Smith's - simply look for the group of aging petrol heads grouped round reading it for free. Then barge through as I did and select a prestine copy as they shuffle uncomfortably!:)

Unless you are Lord Stanbury. His butler irons his and delivers it whilst wearing white gloves!

Last edited:
Well...

I'm Andrew Roberts! Unless anyone hated the article - in which case my name is Jason King...

All the youngsters will be saying who the hell was Jason King? That moustache you had was a cracker, and what a snappy dresser. Not quite "king of cool", that was Mr McQueen, but not far off it.:cool:
Look forward to reading article, will venture into Smiths tomorrow.

I'm Andrew Roberts! Unless anyone hated the article - in which case my name is Jason King...

Didn't you used to have a Jensen Interceptor? :)

The only shame I thought of the C&SC article was that somehow the 91' GTL didn't get any close up shots (though I realise it would have been pretty similar to the 85') but it was well written.

All the youngsters will be saying who the hell was Jason King? That moustache you had was a cracker, and what a snappy dresser. Not quite "king of cool", that was Mr McQueen, but not far off it.:cool:
Look forward to reading article, will venture into Smiths tomorrow.

Who the hell is Jason King.

(I made the grand old age of 24 yesterday) lol:hug:

Congrats Mike for yesterday. Jason King was the hero in, if my memory serves me right, a series of the same name, back in the dim dark 70s,(lots of power cuts), owing to strikes and the 3day week. And yes I think he did drive a Jensen Interceptor.:cool:

Well for all you youngsters ( Mike. happy birthday for yesterday ) this is Jason King and yes he did have a jensen Intercepter.

• cool dude.jpg
    cool dude.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 73
  • PeterWyngarde.jpg
    PeterWyngarde.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 72
Ahh I was getting confused with...

• Jonathon King!.jpg
    Jonathon King!.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 73
Jason King was played by actor Peter Wyngarde. As for Jonathan King, least said about him the better.:(

Back