Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

Thats why ime not getting sucked in to buying another, somebody please make a galvanised chassis - or better still a full car, or one day a plastic one - :eek:
reg

Thats why ime not getting sucked in to buying another, somebody please make a galvanised chassis - or better still a full car, or one day a plastic one - :eek:
reg

I could look around like you are and find an immaculate one to look after, trouble is I'm totally rubbish at the looking after part.

BB is in good condition underneath with only 2 little patches on her belly, and is fully waxoyled and will be refilled with an oily mix again before this winters driving, but I just couldn't look after a concours condition car, I'd never manage it!

ok 'requires some panels' lol

I really miss a renault 4 in my life - but ime not going through all that work again, and ive not seen one that dosent need it, Ive had alsorts of cars you name it, but i'll never be as attached as i was to the little yellow 4 we had for 17 years, I get bored very easy with cars, but not that little fella, I have plenty of pictures around my house to keep in touch with them.
Reg

Yes it can be a rough crossing to Roscoff,but it means maximum driving in France. Drove to Dover earlier this year, 350 miles from Falmouth,what a drag! So perhaps we could meet the convoy over there.Anyway,it's a long way off,plenty of time to sort out travel plans.

..Count me in Pepper..

..As long as I can ride 'Shot Gun' or rear 'Shot Gun' with you or Mark, if he is up for this 'Big Day Out'

• IMGP1842 e.jpg
    IMGP1842 e.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 324
Sounds like a great idea. It will be a good opportunity to meet up with forum members from the rest of Europe.

I'm tempted to carry on afterwards for a road trip. Fancy going to the Vendee afterwards for some sailing Ian?

Right, your names are on the list!

We can sort out passenger spaces for our friends, no problems at all!

I even (shh don't tell anyone) went down the local motor factors and ordered lots of new shiny parts for BB! Funnny thing was I was talking to Richard on the desk asking for some new Brake Shoes and he just turned round wandered off and spoke to the Boss, who came out and said "Yeah I've got several sets of brake shoes for Renault 4's in my garage at home, will bring you a set in on Tuesday!.

Turns out he used to run Renault 4's for years and years, and still has tons of spare parts sitting around.

4lmag.jpg

The official dates of this third edition of INTERNATIONAL 4L have been circulating on the net. We therefore confirm that the 3rd 4L INTERNATIONAL will take place on 15,16 and 17 July next to THENAY (41).

RENAULT 4L MAG AND HISTORY COLLECTION will be our new official partner for this major event during which we celebrate together the 50th anniversary of our favorite car.

The 15,16 and 17 July!

TOUS A THENAY
Pepper perhaps between you Derick and Myself we could coodinate this forum and the RCCC and ROC to get the max number of 4s from the UK.
Gary

I've popped this into the events section. See also the 50th anniversary thread - we're all going to the same place. Here's the Renospeed take on things:

Hi All,
As far as we know the Big One will be at the 3rd 4L International at Thenay on 15th, 16th, and 17th July 2011. The Dutch and Belgians are also planning to do a drive down the Champs Elysée on the way back, which could be fun! Renault UK are keen to help with an event here so we will see what they can come up with. Probably won't do a Kent Run next year but maybe a static event with Renault and have the drive down to Thenay instead ( it is OK once you get through Rouen). Hope this makes sense and will keep you posted.
Mrs R

Hi everyone, I've just got in, I've been working away all week and doing 17 hour days so haven't had a chance at all.

Thanks Malcolm for changing the thread title and moving it to some where more deserving.

GG we have to work together for sure, we need to try and get as many of us over as possible.

This is going to be a great weekend! I really am looking forward to it!

Met Cornish4 at the NEC last week (nice to meet you btw!) and was discussing this. I reckon it'll be ace. I know its a long way off, but has anyone any plans as to if we are meeting in France / UK / on ferry and having a convoy to Thenay from there?

Also met Lobster and Cornish 4 at the NEC came back and started the GTL which has been parked up since August before I went to Spain.
Started first time, took it a few miles and everything seems to work.
Now to start prep for Thenay, new clutch, new cables ,pump,belts,and find the cause of a small electical fault then we should be set to go.
Even the 5 turbo started first time so things are looking up.
Gary

I'm doing the same as Gary, I've bought all new brakes, new exhaust and shall have everything sorted all ready for the big trip!

coolio! Would be great to meet up with all the people who post on here over there, but I know time and circumstances will never let that happen, but the more the merrier!

I've simply got to be there....the 15th will be my 50th birthday! fate or what...And as I broke down on the way last year and never made it this one will be even sweeter...a long slow trip in the '66, but better late than never.

I will follow on behind you Stuart in the '62' F4 at about 45mph lol

Back