Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rubber window seals to rear quarter lights

edwin

Enthusiast
Hi. We have bought a pair of the opening rear windows, the window in the body, not in the doors. I need the rubber seal that surrounds the opening, for the glass to seal against, profile 3.Does anyone know where this can be obtained from?IMG_5026.jpg.

I dont know if this helps but woolies do lots of rubber profiles that may match/be close enough?

Over the years Ive used them on a few vehicles.

ANDY, YOU ARE A STAR!!! I have looked high and I have looked lo, with no success. Thanks you.
By the way, do you spend all your time cruising the cotswolds for a good R4 photo opportunity?

Following on from all this, and thanks for your help, but you will notice that the hinges are small round ended plates that hinge into the car to a small back plate that appears to be screwed with self tappers into the body. All the hinges I have seen have a much longer back plate, and it appears that they are screwed into the out side of the body in the window return. I prefer the ones in the workshop manual illustration. Any one know anything about this please. Edwin

Back