Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

So I'm still alive - Plans for 2019

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
So what brings 2019 for me:
A house has been found and purchased, and I'm thinking about hosting a small R4/classic rally here in Denmark at some point :)
The Honda on which I was hit by a car in the autumn is now on the road once again, running better than ever.
The R4 now has a pile of stuff that awaits installation when I move in, and get the garage/workshop sorted: new wings all around, aluminium inner wings, new door seals, front screen seal, windscreen washer (changed to manually hand-activated from floor-based), new backup petrol-pump, new brakes and fluid, and then maybe a tow-bar, and tuning from Meca-Parts: Manifold, sports silencer and exhaust pipe, free-flow airfilter and suitable jets.
As my car as a late 845cc already has larger valves and the big Zenith carb, I think it would be a fun addition :)
The car will also get a complete rusttreatment with epoxy-rubber undercoating and then the original beige (daim) colour.

The car still drives 230kms at 95-105 km/h on the highway each weekend, and from May it will be used for daily driving to and from the university where I work (unless its motorcycle weather).

When my work allows I hope to go on another long trip this summer, but as I am developing and teaching a new environmental drone-mapping course it might be in august-september! I hope to finally meet some of you guys (and girls) and you are as always most welcome here in DK.
My planned trip (which is really not planned yet) might be to Italy, Poland, the North Cape or anything in between - how about you?

The new house (totally restored inside, and cheap as **** in monthly expenses due to earth-heating):
ddd.JPG
The CB400F which is now running perfectly, only awaiting new and lovely Avon tires:
sss.JPG

Hi Charles. Yes I also fell in love instantly. In the Island where I live (Fyn/Funen), most of the original houses are of this kind, with thatched roofs, timber framing and this blue colour scheme on the windows and doors. In Denmark you mainly see common water reed (Phragmites australis) as the thatching material, except on some islands where the seagrass (eelgrass/Zostera marina) is used.
It's a small house, but perfect for a environmentally conscious, history nerd as myself - With the use of geothermal heating, and implementing some solar panels (on the ground of course), it will be pretty self sustaining energy-wise :)
AND it has two workshops, and a garage, so I'm finally getting the space for tinkering!

http://www.boligtilbolig.dk/Villa/Haarby/8830.html

Nice house Niels.
I'm sorry that we could not meet on my cycle trip last summer. We were in a hurry to reach Kopenhagen. Next time I'll probably be in less of a hurry.

In 2019 I'm on a road trip together with @Cornish4 to the South of France. A week before the great 4L Internationale in Thenay.
This venue is Le Temps de Jadis in Uzés.

We meet in Le Mans and drive past Oradour sur Glane and Milau on our way to the Camarque.

This will be a slow trip because Robinette is a slow girl.

I've actually just purchased the manifold, sport-silencer and dragpipe exhaust for my R4, so I'll report back on how it performs with this installed :) I'm looking forward to seeing if a larger jet is required.

The house has now been purchased; Moving in the 15th of May. You're all welcome if you come by Denmark :)

Back