Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Waterproofing

Merkator Fontana

Enthusiast
I have observed my r4 become a pool over the past months, which is nothing unusual as this forum suggests. So i tried to identify the leaks :

- on the sides of the pillars some drops tend to drift past the weatherstrip
-windows , (probably didnt do a splendid job of sealing them with mastic) so it drips down the doors
- bolts on the firewall , but i managed to locate and smear them with some putty.

So i had the idea to create a small barrier with some adhesive weatherstrip from a local shop.
Down you can find a poorly drawn picture where water seems to go and also my take on the solution using this brown strip.
Might be silly , i am sure you guys have better options, but i will keep you posted on how this works.
And now - raindance!IMG_20201021_113808.jpgIMG_20201021_110823.jpg

I have observed my r4 become a pool over the past months, which is nothing unusual as this forum suggests. So i tried to identify the leaks :

- on the sides of the pillars some drops tend to drift past the weatherstrip
-windows , (probably didnt do a splendid job of sealing them with mastic) so it drips down the doors
- bolts on the firewall , but i managed to locate and smear them with some putty.

So i had the idea to create a small barrier with some adhesive weatherstrip from a local shop.
Down you can find a poorly drawn picture where water seems to go and also my take on the solution using this brown strip.
Might be silly , i am sure you guys have better options, but i will keep you posted on how this works.
And now - raindance!View attachment 27077View attachment 27078
Do you have a plastic trim on the doorstep? Missing or removed from doorstep?

I only have the strip in the front? Are there strips for the back also? Maybe a good thing with kids!

Today i drove it (so not stationary rain),and noticed there was another leak ,but from underneath . The rear wheel seems to be spraying water somewhere between the chassis and body , i didnt put enough putty there so i will have to revisit that. Also one wheelarch had a spot behind the c pillar which inicated that i missed some spots when undersealing.IMG_20201024_145230.jpg

I only have the strip in the front? Are there strips for the back also? Maybe a good thing with kids!
I also only have the front strips, not sure if there were any for the back. I didnt notice any screw holes. But cut one in half and you got yourself some back door strips! :D

Back