Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What I am doing!

Just read your account from beginning to end. Very inspiring and also useful as I am just starting out. Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum. It's been a learning curve with some big mistakes along the way. But it's turning out nicely now. Got to keep the pressure up to get it finished . To be honest the feedback and support on this forum has been extremely motivational and kept me going. There is plenty of very professional kind and helpful advice on here. Good luck with your project take photos galore to refer back to and share some with us too....we like to see! :whistle:

My neighbour is a former Lotus Manager. He said belts and buckles were banned on the production line in case they scratched the paintwork. So with this in mind and him urging me to protect it I've covered Womble in foam. It's a bit bright !

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 2
A bit more tinkering had the pedal box refitted and more bolts in place holding the body onto the chassis

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
Very very nice jonathon
The plastic coolant bottle looks out of place against such a period colour
Be nice to fit a glass one bit risky to get one posted though
Now every single part you refit has got to be spotless and shiny do good luck with it all

Neatly job you are doing.
It is pleasure to watch it as it rise each day.

Small details give you glory.

Thanks guys :hug: Agree glass would be nice but the plastic has a nice aged look now not so apparent in a photo. Hmmm little green electronic ignition not so good ...maybe I'll hide it once I'm back on the road . Yes cleaning each part even cleaning nuts and bolts ! (Oh looks like two gentlemen in white coats are coming up my drive....wonder what they want? ;))

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3
Slowly reassembling the rear end. This afternoon fitted the fuel tank. Fuel filler, fuel vent pipe , cross member and begun restoring the bumper mountings .

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2
Aren't flap wheels fantastic ? !
Pretty quick work bringing the heavily rusted bumper brackets back from rust heaven

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 0
Painting and fitting a few parts at a time keeps the rewards rolling in and the motivation up

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
And there's the ever present cup of tea. I do believe that you can't work without it:)

Please explain what a "flap wheel" is. Is it a drill attachment?

Hi Mojo

These things....prob better description would be a flap disc. Fantastically useful and fit on an angle grinder.

I bought a pack of six thereabouts in Lidl. Cheap as chips and have lasted the resto so far!

• image.png
    image.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 2
Attentions turned to upholstery for the day. The new upholstered replacement seat covers are beautifully made and exactly the right shape. So they are direct replacements and fit as they should. I'm delighted with them. I put some black material over the foam on the underside rear seat. When it's folded up it looks so much better than crumby old orange foam.

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1
Where did you obtain your seat covers from and how much, please? These are vinyl so do they also do the tartan cloth seat covers.

Attentions turned to upholstery for the day. The new upholstered replacement seat covers are beautifully made and exactly the right shape. So they are direct replacements and fit as they should. I'm delighted with them. I put some black material over the foam on the underside rear seat. When it's folded up it looks so much better than crumby old orange foam.

The early models (surely until 75) had a black cardboard cover under the rear seat...

Hi Azzazello

Mine had the rubber boot mat. I have yet to refit it.

Back