Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Who got the oldest R3/R4 on the forum

Homegrown

Enthusiast
Who got the oldest R3/R4 on the forum.
Is there any old Quatrelles owned by members on this forum or other odd cars from factory standard or modified.
Tried to search but couldn't find any thread about it. (I guess there are).
Mine is not the first sold in Sweden but the oldest survived. According to Swedish papers registered 19620101 but due to fire where paperwork was destroyed at authorities all cars registered early 1962 get 0101 as month and date.
All information I have is from people following the car and knowing it's only owner.
So I guess it's a 61 sold 62 in Sweden.
Chassis number 3590103 according to paper work.

4C9027E3-1A21-4106-9742-2C92044C18FB.jpeg 2DE944A9-CD15-4281-85E2-3616C6DA5A9B.jpeg

Post the oval plate number, please, diamond plate tells nothing. Looks like a 1962 MY judging from the tailgate handle.

Maybe I should have asked how many really early cars is there on this forum

EBBFBF56-06F5-47E5-8889-985DD2C79E9F.jpeg

Got two early ones, a 1962 van and a 63 base model 4 plus a scrap 64 rhd UK car...
Will find some pictures on my phone.
I am also fascinated by the very early cars and my holly grail is a red 61!
Will put your picture on my Facebook page, renault 4 UK if you don't mind....

Got two early ones, a 1962 van and a 63 base model 4 plus a scrap 64 rhd UK car...
Will find some pictures on my phone.
I am also fascinated by the very early cars and my holly grail is a red 61!
Will put your picture on my Facebook page, renault 4 UK if you don't mind....
Nice looking forward for pictures.
You can use my pictures on your FB.
Hopes that all with early cars on the forum answer in this thread , mint condition or a wreck. All is welcome.

It's a late 1962 model year - last R1120 for this year was 134758 - so pretty early.
The engine should be an 845cc one, but from a '60s car. Is the block drain plug located on the side of the block below the manifolds, or at the bulkhead end of the engine?
German plate tells nothing interesting, it's just there for administrative purposes.

Model year for french cars starts at August 1st of previous year. In your case the last car for 62MY was buit in 31st July 1962, so I guess late June - early July 1962.
You can apply to Renault Classic for the vehicle certificate - "fiche d' usine" as it was called, it contains build date in addition to other interesting data.

Model year for french cars starts at August 1st of previous year. In your case the last car for 62MY was buit in 31st July 1962, so I guess late June - early July 1962.
You can apply to Renault Classic for the vehicle certificate - "fiche d' usine" as it was called, it contains build date in addition to other interesting data.
Hi. What do you mean by Renault Classic. I would quite like to get a cert on my R4's

Is there any information available about how many cars where respective model year 61, 62, 63, 64. etc.
On my other cars it's readable available. Like 1961 No xxxxx to xxxxx 62 No xxxxx to xxxxx.
I can't French so any information there is not compatible with me.

Back