Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 50th Anniversary at Brooklands

Mrs renospeed

My other vehicle is a Moto Guzzi!
Hi All,
Derek and I are organising an event in the UK to celebrate the 50th. This will be a static event (no Kent run this year) at Brooklands on Saturday 10th September. I am in the process of letting all the Clubs know and will be extending invites to our friends overseas. I will update you with details as I get them.
Becky

Great, thanks Becky. Looking forward to it :)

OOo I'm not sure which weekend our farming working weekend is on this year but if I'm free I'll be there! Will you be able to get us a run or two up the test hill even though we're static ;)

Yes please! Some family history there. My grandfather pioneered a spark plug (with special mica). Sphinx plugs later sold to albert champion. So yes. Will be there. Perhaps with my 90 year old dad who remembers grandad racing there in the 1920s!

Great aircraft museum too. Comets vc10. Bac111 you can climb all over! Also Barnes Wallace invented bouncing bomb nearby - small exhibition

mercedes benz world too!

A good day out! Thanks

Will do my best to be there, long old haul from Cornwall, but once did the round trip in a day in my MG. Better stay overnight if im in the 4. As you say, so much to see there. Would love to put the car up the test hill, any chance Becky? Regards Brian.

Hi All,
More details for Brooklands. Entrance from 10am Saturday 10th September. Please use the Campbell Entrance on Brooklands Road rather than the Main Entrance via Mercedes World. This will enable you to park in the Paddock area in front of the Clubhouse.
Here are the directions lifted from website:
This entrance is shared with JTI and signed ‘JTI Members Hill’ - the directions are as follows:
From the A3, leave at the Painshill junction and follow the A245 towards Byfleet. At the first roundabout turn right into Brooklands Road (B374) and at the next roundabout, ignore the brown signs to Brooklands Museum and Mercedes-Benz World and go straight over. After 300m, take the entrance on the left signed JTI Members Hill.
From Weybridge, follow brown signs to the Museum until the roundabout at Weybridge Railway Station is reached. Continue along Brooklands Road (B374) and after one mile Locke King Road will be on the right. 100m beyond this, the JTI Members Hill entrance will be on the right.
From Woking on the A245, turn left into Brooklands Road (B374). At the next roundabout, ignore the brown signs to Brooklands Museum and Mercedes-Benz World and go straight over. After 300m, take the entrance on the left signed JTI Members Hill.
Entrance fee payable on arrival at payment hut on way in.
Renault UK are bringing 2 cars and hopefully some prizes.
See you there!
Becky

Thank you Becky for the instructions, hope there's a good turnout of 4s as it's a great place to have a meeting. I shall be driving up on the Friday, might bring my tent and camp just up the road at Chertsey, nice site there near the river. Regards Brian.

One month until Brooklands! Really looking forward to it, especially as we missed Thenay.

• richie_sunflowers.jpeg
    richie_sunflowers.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 457
It would be nice if we could get a good turnout from the forum, perhaps we could get that group photo that didn't happen at Thenay.:smile:
Your 4 is looking good jjad, look at the sunflowers bowing their heads in homage to it!:smile:

Thanks Cornish4 :) I hadn't realised that the sunflowers were bowing in reverence, but of course you're right! I was thinking of your cheerful R4 when taking it and trying to recreate a Thenay-style image. We were camping in France for two weeks (but a week after Thenay :(). We saw 44 R4s (27 cars, 16 vans and a pickup)!

We saw lots of 2CVs and it turns out that for one week we were near to the 19th International Meeting of 2CV Friends!

• citroens_chambord.jpeg
    citroens_chambord.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 180
I heard the Citroen gathering organisers were expecting 5000 2CVs and their derivatives, that must have been quite a sight eh. Glad you managed to see a good number of 4s after all. So at least you made it to France, and it looks like you found some sun to go with those flowers, regards Brian.

Searching for 4s no doubt David. Sorry you can't make Brooklands, but have a great holiday, regards Brian.

think I might just make it ,tossed the coin went to Salbris with covered mouth,the 2cv world rally.Soo Brooklands sounds good,will have oil up Sandy.See you there.Al

Back