Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 50th Anniversary at Brooklands

Louby: welcome to the forum - glad you are coming. Derek (who runs the Renospeed garage in London) might be able to help with a wing. He will be there on Saturday.

Pepper: glad you got driveshaft fitted. Didn't realise BB was SORNed. Looks like you might be able to re-tax online, although you probably won't get disc by Saturday!

Renault4 Hat: hope to see you there - in your hat?!

The car had become difficult to start over a period of months and was fairly gutless (even by early R4 standards), then it wouldn't rev cleanly so I started tinkering...

I guess you've checked for air-leaks, if so there's not much more you can do is there. Let's hope it's running better now and you can make it. It looks like there will be a good turn out of cars and owners, hope so, because a lot of effort has gone onto organising this gathering by Derek and Becky. Anyway, see you all on Saturday.

"I'm free" or at least it looks like it (unexpectedly). So there is an excellent chance I shall be along on Saturday, to swell the ranks!

Great Ian. Not sure when everyone's arriving perhaps first one can reserve an area for us? Bob and I in Myrtle are planning on 930.
Guess visitors may be close to our cars and request to sit inside. Fine by me but beware of security! You can tell I'm in insurance!
Safe journeys 

I think the gates open at 10am, and as the event is on the Brooklands calendar I would say an area will be set aside for us to display our cars, probably in front of the clubhouse. It's always nice when spectators are allowed around the cars, but as you say beware of light fingers. Plus kids with sticky-toffee fingers.:smile:

Sorry not to be with you...

Just a note to say my plans for Saturday have not fallen into place and I will have to work, so no Brooklands for me.
Sorry to Becky and Derek, we would have loved to have come, maybe next time!
I am sure a good time will be had by all and I look forward to the pictures...
Stuart and Lisa.

Sorry you can't make it Stuart. Hope to see you another time.

Will try to take pictures for you :)

Jonathan

• richie_lantern-tower.jpeg
    richie_lantern-tower.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 101
Hi All,
Looks like a reasonable weather forecast for tomorrow. To clarify, we have the Paddock in front of the clubhouse reserved for us, plus the area in front for any overspill. This area can only be accessed if you use the Campbell Entrance! We are expecting 20+ cars and are aiming to get there at 10am when the museum opens. Please be aware that it is also the Wisley Flower Show so the A3 junction will probably be very busy. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Becky

Louby: welcome to the forum - glad you are coming. Derek (who runs the Renospeed garage in London) might be able to help with a wing. He will be there on Saturday.

Pepper: glad you got driveshaft fitted. Didn't realise BB was SORNed. Looks like you might be able to re-tax online, although you probably won't get disc by Saturday!

Renault4 Hat: hope to see you there - in your hat?!

RIGHT! BB's all taxed, not bovvered about out of date tax disc, cos as long as you are displaying a valid tax disc (this does not mean it has to be in date) you are not committing any offence (I know this cos I used to be a naughty boy when I was younger :) :)

Looks like we should be down, we probably won't stop all day, as we have a big party to go to in the evening.

See you all tomorrow :hug:

I am now the proud owner of a R4GTL 1984!:p I noticed the 50th anniversary at Brooklands and am interested in coming. Unfortunately I don't think I can make it for 10am. Is it ok if I arrive later, or not?

That is no problem; the museum gates are open at 10 but you can turn up at any time. Please use Campbell entrance, not main entrance. I posted directions earlier in this thread.
See you tomorrow!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Hopefully there will be enough Renault 4 biscuits for everyone :hug:

Jonathan

• renault4biscuits.jpeg
    renault4biscuits.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 132
The biscuits were a pleasant surprise as I'd not seen your post before coming down this morning!

Lovely to see everyone and to catch up a little!

Thanks for a great day, was nice to meet everyone and hopefully meet again soon !

Thanks for organising it !

A brilliant day - Thanks!

Our thanks too (Bob and Mark). Informal and yet so well organised. Great company.

Maybe the Kent Run can be merged into a regular Brooklands visit in future?

And the bickies too - they deserved a prize :p

Just a thought - we represented about 10% of UK registered cars - Target 20% next year?

• DSC02607.jpg
    DSC02607.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC02602.jpg
    DSC02602.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121
Thank you to Mr & Mrs Renospeed for an excellent day and to meet other R4 owners had a great day and certainly learnt a lot, looking for to the next meet
Jeanette & Pete

Brooklands was a great choice for the annual get together, so thanks again Derek and Becky for organising things so well.

I nursed a sick car to the event, only to have it conk out altogether on arrival (mine was the one with the bonnet open for the first few hours!). I really am very grateful to the numerous people who readily gave their time to get the thing going again and to Pete for staying with us for the return journey.

I suppose it only proves what I already knew; Renault 4 enthusiasts are a thoroughly decent bunch of people.

Back