Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 50th Anniversary at Brooklands

hi cornish where abouts is the camp site, we may camp down with you even though only in hertfordshire can make a weekend of it
Hi Jeanette, the campsite is at Bridge Road Chertsey, it's a CCC site, so should be good. It's right by the river, so ok if it doesn't rain. :smile:Not sure what the entrance fee is into the Brooklands museum, but it is well worth a visit anyway, there is lots to see there. Regards Brian.

think I might just make it ,tossed the coin went to Salbris with covered mouth,the 2cv world rally.Soo Brooklands sounds good,will have oil up Sandy.See you there.Al
Hi Alan, I'm driving up on the Friday, so if you would like to, perhaps we could meet up and travel in convoy? Regards, Brian.

On no - I've double booked. I'm flying back from Germany on the evening of 10th September. I'd been looking forward to the R4 meet. :(

Everyone take lots of photos and post them up.

Oh what a shame! Look out of the window and you may see us!

Oh Malcolm, how could you do such a thing, what a pity you can't make it. We'll miss your good self.:cry:

Hi, just to check I don't need to book just turn up on the day to the correct gate yep ?

Best Regards,
Andrew

That's right Andrew, just turn up, and pay on the gate. Regards Brian.

Brooklands Roll Call

Just checking ..

Known attendees are

MrsRenospeed (and family)
Firstandbest
Altatlock
JeanetteJohnson1
JJAD
Cornish4
alewis

Anyone else?

:hug:

There must be more of you surely, only seven so far. Anyone else coming up from the West Country? If there are, perhaps we could meet up on the way. Just a thought.:smile:

Looks like The Magnificent Seven Ride Again!

It can't just be us ... This is what the Brooklands website says

"Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Renault 4 as the Paddock will display numerous examples of the well-known classic"

Numerous has got to be at least a dozen cars hasn't it? Of course the problem is with less than 200 cars on the roads over here, I suppose an attendance of just 10% would be difficult to achieve. Anyway, those of us that do turn up are certain to have a really good day at a very special place. Just to walk on the remains of the track is quite an experience in itself, and the cars and planes that are on display are in most cases unique.
These photos were taken in 2007 at the Brooklands Centenary meeting.

• DSCF0156.jpg
    DSCF0156.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF0163.jpg
    DSCF0163.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Sorry you can't make it Tom, but enjoy the graduation party.:smile:

I'd like to come along - sans auto though, don't yet have an R4, be good to say hello and admire the cars you have. I do however have a mate's 40th on Friday night so not sure what sort of morning I will be having.

The car had become difficult to start over a period of months and was fairly gutless (even by early R4 standards), then it wouldn't rev cleanly so I started tinkering...

The car has electronic ignition so no points to worry about of course but I thought the timing might have been too retarded so I've been gradually advancing it. I checked the valve clearances and have just refitted the original 845cc Zenith carb (the car's been running on a 745cc Solex for years). I'll road test it tomorrow - hopefully it will run well enough to get to and from Brooklands. Fingers crossed!

Mines getting there, I've put a replacement driveshaft on BB

And all is pretty good again, I just need to sort out tax now, trouble is I'm away till Friday night and she's on sorn. I dont k ow if you can re tax on line if you are on sorn or if you have to get to a post office and start the tax again.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Hi, I am coming along on Saturday with my Renault 4 GTL 1985 which I have owned for over 20 years. It desperately needs a new off side front wing in blue if anyone has one lurking in their garage?!

Hope to see you there..............the AA men are my friends now!

Back