Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
The official dates of this third edition of INTERNATIONAL 4L have been circulating on the net. We therefore confirm that the 3rd 4L INTERNATIONAL will take place on 15,16 and 17 July next to THENAY (41).

RENAULT 4L MAG AND HISTORY COLLECTION will be our new official partner for this major event during which we celebrate together the 50th anniversary of our favorite car.

The 15,16 and 17 July!

Here is the address for booking tickets in case anyone wants to pre book!http://www.4linternational.com/fr/achatbillet

4lmag.jpg

Ok as a few of us have realised, next year is going to be a celebratory time for our lovely little car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_4 Just in case any one needs reminding ;)

Now I reckon the 4l lovers in France are going to have a Huuge Rendevous, and I reckon we all need a road trip!!

So who would be up for a little continental car meeting french style next year?

Right here's an upto date list of all the people who should be at Thenay for the 4l festival!

From the UK
Malcolm - Dover 0810 Friday. White '67 R4, staying at Château de la Menaudière near Montrichard
Pepper- Dover 0810 Friday, BB the bashed and battered dark blue R4
Bobble and beserk gorilla - Dover - Rosalie the refurbished red GTL (and an other?)
Lobster - Dover 0810 Friday - The blue F6?
pstruckers - probably Dover
Alewis - Portsmouth
Bajababy - Portsmouth
722Stu - Portsmouth
CornishR4 - Yellow GTL with flowers - Plymouth
R4mad - Plymouth
Firstandbest - Green or is it blue GTL - Dover 0810 Friday
Stuart Delahoy - Dark blue sunroof '66 - staying in an undisclosed chateau
Claire - Burgundy '68 - staying at La Croix Blanche in Montrichard - taking tunnel
MikeGTL - taking whatever is running, going over early
Edward Hall - Staying at the logis hotel Le Prieure
Mr and Mrs Renospeed - 2 R4s - planning to drive across on Thursday
IMacThere4iAm - aiming for the 0810 Dover Ferry
bison - possibly going over via Zeebrugge
Chris - R16 - Portsmouth

From Greece
Angel - 1975 White Export

From BiH
John Doe - driving over with maybe more R4s

From Australia
renoir cigar - flying in and staying in Montrichard

From Italy
Azazello - driving over with friends

From Netherlands
Boerammetje
Bluegreen
jandoe1000

That's enough for a party! Feel free to update and make corrections.
If anyone doesn't have a rally plaque please PM me - there are still some left.

Last edited:
sounds a great idea....have to get a new passport i think:) oh and i A frame for my camper

plenty of time to get one reggie..

Renault 4 mad

Ime always on the look out-blue one on ebay near me-but its not good enough, I want mint out of the box condition,few and far between, il keep looking, :)
Reg

Yes i would like to join in.

I am off to the Atlas Mountains in April in my 4 so it should be a good trial for it.

M

Excellent news, there was me thinking I was the only loopy fruit bat round here!
:lol:

Right I suppose I better get my French head on and head over to the French forums and see what's going on over there :)

I had the 2011 meeting in France in my mind since the first 4L International. It has to be something special. If all is OK by then, I will drive my white '75 Export to France, and it will be a first class chance to meet all you there!

yes count me in, should have Rosalie all spruced up and resprayed by then.

Ok it looks like 4l international are going to be announcing the dates for the 3rd International meeting this coming weekend!

Hopefully we should then know when it is, my guess would be the middle of July.

The French do not do anything in August as they are all on holiday, and we all know that meetings like this are meant to be taken in work time don't we ;)

I'd place bets (and hope) that its around the 16-17 July or the weekend after, if its around that time I may even get my darling wife to come with me :)

Can i come in my pagoda - i'll put a renault hat on and a sticker in back window-my other car is a renault 4. :cool:
Reg

Hi there,I went to R4 meet this year,and had great time.Anyone going next year from oggyland?

Renault4mad, lives down your way, he's already said he's going to renew his passport so he can travel through England.

Though I hear that his preferred mode of transport is very rough ferry journeys ;)

Can i come in my pagoda - i'll put a renault hat on and a sticker in back window-my other car is a renault 4. :cool:
Reg

The sticker quote will need to be "my other car is going to be a Renault 4".

I have a friend who can sort this out ;)

Mmm - ive got some r4 bitz left - will that do for now, tailgate, back lights, gordini wheels, carburator, windscreen washer bottle, some glass, hey ive nearly got a full car :confused:
Reg

all you need is now then is good tin work (like the rest of us)

I wouldn't call BB's tin work "good"

Very used, dented and rusty maybe more appropriate ;

Back